Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment removed but nothing happened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment removed but nothing happened

I had a judgment added to my credit report in March 2016. When it first reported my score dropped 100 points. I paid the judgment in full and was able to get them to vacate the judgment, so I sent the vacate letter to the credit bureaus and they removed it but nothing happened. Literally nothing, no alert for the update/removal and no score increase. Does anyone know why this would happen? The judgment was only 6 months old when it was removed so it's not like it was an old account that wasn't effecting my credit by much. I was excited to find out they were removing it and thought it would help out my score at least by some points. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment removed but nothing happened

If you have other collections you wouldn't see a big jump.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any other collections with balances. I had the judgment and 3 collections report all around the same time but they are all paid in full and one was completely removed. 

So even with the judgment being removed and not owing any balances, my score still won't increase? 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you getting your scores from to know that they did not increase?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFICO, TransUnion.com, Experian.com, Equifax.com, and  credit karma

Message 5 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

MyFico is the only one of those that provides Fico scores and this event might not be a trigger to receive an alert
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a judgment added to my credit report in March 2016. When it first reported my score dropped 100 points. I paid the judgment in full and was able to get them to vacate the judgment, so I sent the vacate letter to the credit bureaus and they removed it but nothing happened. Literally nothing, no alert for the update/removal and no score increase. Does anyone know why this would happen? The judgment was only 6 months old when it was removed so it's not like it was an old account that wasn't effecting my credit by much. I was excited to find out they were removing it and thought it would help out my score at least by some points. 

If you are monitoring through myFICO, thats a common complaint - removal of a derog does not trigger a score recalculation. You have to wait for another change that triggers a recalc of your scores - UTI change, new credit account, inquiries, etc.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know but this happened back in September and I have had several alerts since then, still no score change.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good to know but this happened back in September and I have had several alerts since then, still no score change.

Then there is/was something else going on that has been overlooked.

Message 9 of 10
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not real clear on what you're saying.  Was it added to all 3 reports and did all 3 scores drop 100 points?  

Then it was removed from all 3 reports and none of them increased after it was removed?

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.