Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment removed

Hi all... Not sure if I'm in the correct forum. If I'm not I apologize. Quick question... I had a judgement on my 3 reports that I disputed which each CA being the date was wrong thinking since it's been 6 1/2 years maybe they'd not have the info and remove it. Well EX and EQ came back and said the court updated to the correct date... Ok not what I wanted but at least the date was fixed and it'd only be a few more months until it dropped off. TU took a while longer but I just received a letter today saying that the results were the judgment was REMOVED from my report. Will the other 2 get wind of this from TU and remove it? Or should I dispute again and use the fact that TU took it off? Or does it even matter at this point?

TIA!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment removed

I would leave it be. I've noticed stuff get deleted from TU that was positive when I requested an accuracy fix, too. They seem really trigger happy with the deletes.

Patience will get your through these last few months. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other CRA's will not get "wind" that TU removed it. Each CRA works independently and conducts their own investigations and conclusions.
Message 3 of 11
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Also, bureaus aren't required to update their records (and they would refuse ot do it) based on reports from a different bureau.  So, TU removing it isn't a basis for disputing anything on any other report.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks I'll just leave it be and wait until the last few months are up.
Message 5 of 11
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

1st time I've read that the "courts " validated a Judgement.
Not saying that some "court -clerks " do have have time and policy to verify, buy this is my 1st !
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 6 of 11
pmarti8
Valued Member

I would have just flat disputed the entire judgement due to inaccuracies that make you believe this isn't your judgement at all. Don't specify what those inaccuracies are. If they came back and said it was verified go back and say you want a detailed accounting of whom they spoke with and what information was verified. Here's the thing, most municipalities do not have the staffing to do DV's all day much less email/fax case information to the bureaus. Seeing as it's about to fall off anyways I wouldn't bother unless you need it removed sooner than six months.

Starting Score: 07/2010 TU 541 EQ 593 Exp 529
Current Score:TU 654 EQ 644 EX 594 br>Goal Score:ALL 660 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pmarti8 wrote:
I would have just flat disputed the entire judgement due to inaccuracies that make you believe this isn't your judgement at all. Don't specify what those inaccuracies are. If they came back and said it was verified go back and say you want a detailed accounting of whom they spoke with and what information was verified. Here's the thing, most municipalities do not have the staffing to do DV's all day much less email/fax case information to the bureaus. Seeing as it's about to fall off anyways I wouldn't bother unless you need it removed sooner than six months.

CRA's don't verify with the courts directly, they work with public records vendors, such as Lexis Nexis.

Message 8 of 11
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Since I've asked this in another post without anyone answering, when and how often do these, so called. ."furnisher of information " ...update information to the CRA'S?  

Now, these seem to get on one's CR rather quickly,  causing score drops at the very next alert or look at your report BUT...when you, ( or in my case payment of 8K to the original creditor 6 months ago), these "FURNISHERS OF INFORMATION " have NOT updated to the CRA, yet ! 

Is LN and others, this slow or is their tactics to hurt consumers ?

Just cannot find an answer to this !!

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 9 of 11
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@cuthatcard wrote:

Since I've asked this in another post without anyone answering, when and how often do these, so called. ."furnisher of information " ...update information to the CRA'S?  

Now, these seem to get on one's CR rather quickly,  causing score drops at the very next alert or look at your report BUT...when you, ( or in my case payment of 8K to the original creditor 6 months ago), these "FURNISHERS OF INFORMATION " have NOT updated to the CRA, yet ! 

Is LN and others, this slow or is their tactics to hurt consumers ?

Just cannot find an answer to this !!

LN makes money by selling your info(in this case, info that is negative).

In my opinion, another reason to opt-out/freeze Lexis Nexis. http://www.lexisnexis.com/privacy/for-consumers/opt-out-of-lexisnexis.aspx

@While it states on that website "Public and elected officials, including law enforcement officers, and private individuals who are facing a substantial risk of physical harm or who are victims of identity theft may request to have personal information about themselves suppressed from LexisNexis products and services available to subscribers of our restricted public records products", I found that when filling out the opt-out form @ https://optout.lexisnexis.com/oo.jsp, the first choice in the Reason field states "I do not want my information publicly available via LexisNexis products", so it seems anyone can request LN to stop selling your PR info. After I opted-out with LN, I received a letter from them dated Sept 15, 2016, stating it will take up to 30 days to suppress the PR info they sell.

I don't know what effect this opt-out had in regards to my recent successful deletion of a paid PR listed on both TU & EQ, since they don't quite yet list where they get their info from. If it had an effect, great. If it didn't any possible future PR info will hopefully not be sold by LN.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.