Frequent Contributor
gamegrrl

Re: UPDATE: Steps to Vacate. I need HELP!!!!

[ Edited ]

Below is the reply I sent back to the attorney on Monday. I haven't heard a peep back from him. I sure don't want to be annoying, but I also don't want to fall through the cracks. 

Do you folks think I should touch base with him today, or do you think I should just sit tight and wait it out?

Hi Xxxxx,

Thank you for following up with me.

Is Generic Credit Inc. opposed to a Motion to Vacate? That would remove the entry from my credit reports altogether. The fact that it is a paid judgment has no material impact on my credit reports, surprisingly. It was such a small amount, and I paid everything in full the moment I was aware of its existence. 

I'm basing my request on Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure, which states that the fact that this judgment is now paid is a valid reason to petition the court for relief from the judgment. Rule 60 (b) (4), which says: (4) the judgment has been satisfied, released or discharged, or a prior judgment upon which it is based has been reversed or otherwise vacated, or it is no longer equitable that the judgment should have prospective application

I hope this helps to clarify my request, and that your client will be willing to do this. As I mentioned before, I am prepared to pay any costs associated with this request.

Warm regards,

Me

Starting Score: EQ 607 TU 693
Current Score: EX via Mortgage Lender 747 - EQ myFICO 774 - TU08 (Walmart and Discover) 732 - TU myFICO 722
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+