cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment set aside!!!! HAPPY :)

tag
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Steps to Vacate. I need HELP!!!!

Below is the reply I sent back to the attorney on Monday. I haven't heard a peep back from him. I sure don't want to be annoying, but I also don't want to fall through the cracks. 

Do you folks think I should touch base with him today, or do you think I should just sit tight and wait it out?

Hi Xxxxx,

Thank you for following up with me.

Is Generic Credit Inc. opposed to a Motion to Vacate? That would remove the entry from my credit reports altogether. The fact that it is a paid judgment has no material impact on my credit reports, surprisingly. It was such a small amount, and I paid everything in full the moment I was aware of its existence. 

I'm basing my request on Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure, which states that the fact that this judgment is now paid is a valid reason to petition the court for relief from the judgment. Rule 60 (b) (4), which says: (4) the judgment has been satisfied, released or discharged, or a prior judgment upon which it is based has been reversed or otherwise vacated, or it is no longer equitable that the judgment should have prospective application

I hope this helps to clarify my request, and that your client will be willing to do this. As I mentioned before, I am prepared to pay any costs associated with this request.

Warm regards,

Me

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 41 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.