Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment updated to show satisfied...score dropped

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment updated to show satisfied...score dropped

I have a judgement on my CR from Sept 2012 it was satisfied in Nov 2013 and never updated.  I sent documentation in showing that it has been satisfied and it was updated on my CR and my score dropped?  Is this just a temporary thing? Are satisfied and unsatisfied judgements scored differently?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgment updated to show satisfied...score dropped

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a judgement on my CR from Sept 2012 it was satisfied in Nov 2013 and never updated.  I sent documentation in showing that it has been satisfied and it was updated on my CR and my score dropped?  Is this just a temporary thing? Are satisfied and unsatisfied judgements scored differently?

Welcome to MF Smiley Happy

Paid or unpaid he scoring is the same, the reason your score was impacted is the status date came current and Fico scores that as a new judgment, Fico also scores negative reporting credit cards/collections this way as well, when the status date comes current it is brand new to Fico, the older the judgment becomes the less of an impact if will have. Here is a sggestion since its paid see about getting it vacated in the court that granted it by fling a motion to vacate on grounds it has been paid, if this gets done its gone from your reports... Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.