cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment vacated and removed from my report but my score did not go up even ONE POINT!

tag
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Judgment vacated and removed from my report but my score did not go up even ONE POINT!

I had a medical judgment from May 2010 for $1100 vacated last month.  I got the court papers in the mail and sent them to all three bureaus and they sent me letters back saying the judgment was removed from my file.  I checked my FACO with creditpremier and my score remained the same!  Not even a one point boost.  What happened here?  Of course I have 11 medical collections and seven 180 day student loan lates but don't you think I should have gotten a boost in my score?

How exactly do I get past 621?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Re: Judgment vacated and removed from my report but my score did not go up even ONE POINT!

I wouldn't put thaaaaat much weight into FAKO scores Smiley Happy

Are you absolutely certain it's been removed already? I wouldn't consider a letter confirmation that its actually gone... I'd have to see it for myself. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 20
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgment vacated and removed from my report but my score did not go up even ONE POINT!

I pulled up my experian file to verify and I have no public records. 

I don't know what to think. 

Message 3 of 20
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

mine didn't change either when it was deleted. How old was yours? Mine was due to fall off later this year anyway. If it was a few years old it may not have been affecting your actual score, but could have previously still affected getting denied for apps.

Message 4 of 20
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

The judgment was from May 2010. 

I have 22 negative accounts still on file.  Half are medical collections from 2010 that just reported late last year and the other half are Sallie Mae 180 and 90 day lates from 2010.

Despite the negatives I was expecting to get a boost from the judgment.  I mean I went ahead and did something about it and they don't give me any credit for it?

Message 5 of 20
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I had a paid lien removed that was just paid last august,   no score bump for me either. This was on TU

I had a paid judgement from 2009 removed from equifax, no score bump for me either.

I still have several paid baddies on each report, but I would have thought especially on TU that I would have gotten a few points since this lien was only paid in 8/2012 and was set to stay on my report another 6 years.

Best wishes to you!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 6 of 20
osudelt00
Valued Member

I'll add my "My score didnt jump either." My judgements were pretty old as they were from 2007 but when they fell off I didnt have a score jump. I have three derogs on my credit file. 2 Student loan C/O slated to fall off on 11/13 and a repossession from 2007 which will fall off 2/14. 

Starting Score: 550
Current Score EQ: 688 Sep/7/13
Current Score TU: 686 Sep/7/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

I think I'm starting to believe that even one 90 or 180 day late will drop your score for the whole 7 years.

In my situation I don't think I'm getting a score increase because I have the lates still on file.

Message 8 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Major derogs like 120's + up will KILL your scores for the 7 years.   Nothing to do but keep all accounts positive and balances low and wait......and wait........and wait.

Message 9 of 20
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

If the 180 day lates will "kill my score" for the whole 7 years, do you think I should pay the outstanding medical collection accounts which are totalling $5000?  They are scheduled to come off my report in 2015 and the 180 day lates will come off in 2017.

What's the point in paying off the collections if my score won't improve?  If however, my situation would improve, I would like to pay them off.

What is your advice?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.