cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment vacated and removed from my report but my score did not go up even ONE POINT!

tag
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgment vacated and removed from my report but my score did not go up even ONE POINT!

Just want to update you with some good news.

I checked my FACO with creditinformpremier and my score went up 18 points!

I guess it took another month to report but since nothing else on my file changed, I think it is safe to say that the 18 point boost is due to the judgment being vacated and removed.

This gives me hope.

Message 11 of 20
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgment vacated and removed from my report but my score did not go up even ONE POINT!

@danny4l wrote:

If the 180 day lates will "kill my score" for the whole 7 years, do you think I should pay the outstanding medical collection accounts which are totalling $5000?  They are scheduled to come off my report in 2015 and the 180 day lates will come off in 2017.

What's the point in paying off the collections if my score won't improve?  If however, my situation would improve, I would like to pay them off.

What is your advice?

From what I gathered, negative information starts to diminish the negative impact after the two year mark.

Also, if you are paying a collection, especially a medical collection I would definitely do a PFD.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 20
summerhunny11
Contributor

How did you get a judgement removed? I am trying to get a paid one removed........

5/13-EQ 652,TU 634, EX 612
6/13-mortgage lender pull
EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
6/22/13 Auto pull (Infiniti)
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Capital One $1500, Orchard $500, Premier $700
Message 13 of 20
creditfox2
Established Member

I'll like to know how you were able to get the judgments removed from your report.  I have a judgment and a tax lien that I need removed from my report to boost my score.

Message 14 of 20
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

I had a medical judgment of $1000 on my report. I contacted the law firm and asked them what I needed to do to have the listing COMPLETELY removed from my file.  They told me pay the whole amount and they will file a motion to vacate with the court.  Then it will take 30-60 days for the paperwork to go through and once I get the court order I can forward that to the three bureaus and they will remove it from my file.

I did as they said. I sent money orders to the law office.  Within a week, they sent me a letter saying they would file the motion.  After a month or so I got the court order and then I started contacting the credit bureaus to dispute the listing and I sent them the court order.  I heard from all three bureaus withing six weeks and they said my file will be updated with the judgment being removed.  When I checked my score yesterday, I saw the score improvement.

The whole process took about four months.

Just want to point out again that this was for a medical judgment.  I don't know how it would work with other judgments.

Message 15 of 20
creditfox2
Established Member

Thanks for providing the information on how to go about having the judgment removed.  My judgment is from outstanding association dues for a rental property I own with my siblings.  I paid the judgment shortly after it was rendered, but I'll rather not have my siblings suffer the CR backlash because of my irresponsiblity. 

Message 16 of 20
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

May not be of much use, but I got an old judgment for a CC removed from my CRs in Illinois. My case was pretty specific though. Details are in this post:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Looking-at-the-Big-Picture/m-p/2193413#M27499...

Score didn't change at all, but it was a 6-year old judgment.

Message 17 of 20
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

I think the key here is the motion to vacate.  I actually argued with the law firm that I would not send them one cent if they didn't take the appropriate steps to help me remove the derogatory from my file immediately.

Initially they must have thought I was stupid and they said to pay the amount and it will show up as a judgment paid which is good and then I can go ahead and buy a house or a car.  I said ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! and that is when they said don't worry, we will file a motion to vacate.

I asked them several times to put it into writing but for some reason they said they "could not."  I thought that was suspicious but I took the gamble anyway because I had no other option.  In the end, they did what they said and I have the court order to prove it and today the derogatory is off my file and I got the score boost I was looking for.

You have to fight for what you want or else you will never get it.

Message 18 of 20
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@danny4l wrote:

You have to fight for what you want or else you will never get it.

Oh, absolutely! Tomorrow, I will file my petition to have my judgment cancelled which was included in my BK a few years ago.

I'm only doing it to get it off my TransUnion credit report. It would drop off 12/2014 but I don't want to wait that long. My last derogatory TL will be deleted after 05/2014. The other bureaus already removed the judgment. One agency took it off when I filed for BK and the other one simply took it off (for no reason - got lucky there) a few months ago.

Message 19 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@danny4l wrote:

If the 180 day lates will "kill my score" for the whole 7 years, do you think I should pay the outstanding medical collection accounts which are totalling $5000?  They are scheduled to come off my report in 2015 and the 180 day lates will come off in 2017.

What's the point in paying off the collections if my score won't improve?  If however, my situation would improve, I would like to pay them off.

What is your advice?

From what I gathered, negative information starts to diminish the negative impact after the two year mark.

Also, if you are paying a collection, especially a medical collection I would definitely do a PFD.

That is only for 30/60 days lates.  180 day lates are major derogatories and will impact your score for 7 years.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.