Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment vs. Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment vs. Bankruptcy

A quick background.  Filed for bankruptcy in 2009 due to a judgment against me.  BK discharged ie early 2010.  The judgment was IIB.  My reports now list the following:

Transunion:  BK only, no judgment

Equifax:  BK only, no judgment

Experian:  Lists the judgment only, no BK.  No staus on the judgment listed.

I recently obtained a mortgage, and the judgment showed up on Innovisc and Experian.  My loan officer actually had Innovis call the company that had the judgment against me, and they verified that it was satisfied, as it was IIB.  Mortgage loan went through.

Question is this.  Do I dispute the judgment with Experian as IIB?  Since they do not even list my BK?  The only reason I am thinking of doing this is because my Experian score is about 30 points  lower than the other 2, with the only difference being the judgment vs. BK.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgment vs. Bankruptcy

Judgements are recorded in your local county public records. The credit reporting agencies simply report what they find in those public reports. You need to go search your county's public records and see what is the latest reported status for that judgement. If the judgement has not be officially withdrawn by the judgement holder, then the credit reporting agencies will keep picking it up ... even if they drop it initially.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.