cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgments in TN, live in OR, garnishments??

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Judgments in TN, live in OR, garnishments??

@RobertEG wrote:

Getting a judgment from another state domesticted in your current state of residence is not a big deal, and could readily be obtained.

How long does it remain enforceable in TN?

Tenn is 7 years

Message 11 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

... but most judgments are easily extendible by simply filing a motion advising the court that it remains unpaid, and the judgment creditor is continuing efforts to collect.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment SOL in TN is 10 years unless you guys know something I don't. 

I realize that judgments can be extended to infinity if the right paperwork is filed. 

I'm simply asking for suggestions on approaching a reduced settlement with them. If this is not the correct place to ask, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP!! 

% of balance to settle/PFD with repo judgment & Cap1 judgment?

Message 14 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I think that what is being inferred by responses of others is that they have a court order in pocket that mandates you pay it all, and thata order can be made effecitve in your current state, and extended.

It is not akin to a PFD on a collection, where expiration of SOL often leads to a settlement for ubstantially less.

I would anticipate that once you show ability to pay, they will pursue the entire amount, or close to it.

I would be cautious in making a low-ball offer, as it might lead to their renewed efforts to collect it all.

Unless able to pay in full should they become agressive, I would not make a lowball settlement offer.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well. That makes a ton of sense. Thank you for spelling it out. I swear I'm not ignorant but was seriously wondering why in the world there wasn't more input and why I kept hearing basically the same thing said slightly different ways. 

Thank you. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.