Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgments that are paid.

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Judgments that are paid.

I have several Judgments that have been satisfied and was wondering who I should send a GW letter to....to see if they will delete them. 

Thanks
Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgments that are paid.

Call the court house and talk to the county clerk to see if they can be vacated. Depending on your state laws will be the determination of the outcome.

Message 2 of 7
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

I am in Kansas

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 3 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

I am in Kansas

I would look up your states law in regards to paid judgements. 

Message 4 of 7
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

I havent been able to find anything about removing a satisfied judgement. I was under the impression to vacate meant to mean it wasn't a vaild debt.

Thanks

Cheryl

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

I havent been able to find anything about removing a satisfied judgement. I was under the impression to vacate meant to mean it wasn't a vaild debt.

Thanks

Cheryl

Normally it does.  But in some states satisfaction of the judgment allows it to be vacated.

ETA:  I guess I didn't look good enough.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Kansas Rules of Civil Procedure

60-260.  Relief from judgment or order.

(a) Corrections based on clerical mistakes; oversights and omissions. The court may correct a clerical mistake or a mistake arising from oversight or omission whenever one is found in a judgment, order or other part of the record. The court may do so on motion, or on its own, with or without notice. But after an appeal has been docketed in the appellate court and while it is pending, such a mistake may be corrected only with the appellate court's leave.

(b)Grounds for relief from a final judgment, order or proceeding. On motion and just terms, the court may relieve a party or its legal representative from a final judgment, order or proceeding for the following reasons:

Mistake, inadvertence, surprise or excusable neglect;

newly discovered evidence that, with reasonable diligence, could not have been discovered in time to move for a new trial under subsection (b) of K.S.A. 60-259, and amendments thereto;

fraud, whether previously called intrinsic or extrinsic, misrepresentation or misconduct by an opposing party;

the judgment is void;

the judgment has been satisfied, released or discharged; 

it is based on an earlier judgment that has been reversed or vacated; or applying it prospectively is no longer equitable; or

any other reason that justifies relief.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.