Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgments

tag
Littlewig05
Established Member

Judgments

How long do they stay on your reports? I have 2 from 2009.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
spartanspirit
Contributor

Re: Judgments

about  7 years. 7 years from 2009 is 2016, so next year they should fall off your reports. about 2-6 months before the falloff date. contact the three credit bureaus and request a early exclusion. transunion was the easiest one for me to exlude. experian updated my judgment to paid and a month later, im still waiting for equifax. good luck. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paid judgments become excluded no laer than 7 years from date of entry of the judgment.

Judgments that remain unpaid can continue until the expiration date of the period of enforceability of the judgment, which is usually ten years from date of entry of the judgment, but the judgmement creditor can usually obtain an extension of the period of enforceability.

See FCRA 605(a)(2)

Message 3 of 4
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I had a judgement from last year and managed to get it removed from equifax and experian but transunion only updated to paid. I will have to get it vacated to get transunion to remove it. Good luck on yours you might be able to dispute it that's what I did.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.