cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 1 new credit scoring process to ignore tax liens - has anyone seen an effect?

tag
KayKay4Se7en

Re: July 1 new credit scoring process to ignore tax liens - has anyone seen an effect?

Just dispute with  National Consumer Assistance Plan as the reason for faster results.

Message 11 of 16
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: July 1 new credit scoring process to ignore tax liens - has anyone seen an effect?

I started disputing my satisfied judgement on Monday July 2 and Equifax removed that one within 2 days, then I disputed my judgment on Transunion 7/4 (through credit karma) and it was removed today. I'm still waiting on Experian, I sent that dispute on 7/2 also. So they are removing judgments for sure and I do not know if they have to be satisfied but mine was. I only had one reporting on all 3 CRA's. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one judgement that was filed in court sep 2017 and it's still on my report but it should be falling off in 2-3 months anyway so I am trying not to stress over that. I also have a state tax lein that was paid back in 2013 and it shows released but it's still on my report. The judgement due to fall off in a few months is EQ and the tax lein is experian. I plan to call EX on monday to dispute the tax lein because I honestly believe it shouldn't be mine due to divorce the same month it was filed. I do hope it just falls off. 

Message 13 of 16
joeman

Cherekas,  How did you dispute Equifax ....by telephone?   I have tried Equifax's online dispute, but they only give you 2 categoreies to dispute a judgment, neither which deals with SSn or DOB.    Did you use a particular phone # or do it online?

@Cherekas wrote:

I started disputing my satisfied judgement on Monday July 2 and Equifax removed that one within 2 days, then I disputed my judgment on Transunion 7/4 (through credit karma) and it was removed today. I'm still waiting on Experian, I sent that dispute on 7/2 also. So they are removing judgments for sure and I do not know if they have to be satisfied but mine was. I only had one reporting on all 3 CRA's. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a civil judgment from 2011 (on homeowners' association dues) that, to the best of my knowledge - I checked my local jurisdiction's public-records database, as the case was filed in county court - meets the criteria for removal; only my name appears on the record, no address, SSN or DOB. It doesn't appear on EQ but does still continue to appear on TU and EX as of today. I would actually not be surprised, given the very large volume of records that no doubt has to be processed by the CRA's (according to what I've read, up to 96 percent of civil judgments on credit reports are deficient in a fashion requiring removal according to the new guidelines), if I don't see the item removed from those reports before next month.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean Sep 2010 not sep 2017 lol

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.