Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumped to 719 Equifax, applied for cards...APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jumped to 719 Equifax, applied for cards...APPROVED

I noticed a change to my Equifax FICO score from 698 to 719 so I started doing some digging to see what creditors use  Equifax exclusively.  After some problems with the way my name was written on Equifax...and resolving said issues during the week, I decided to apply for Credit Cards at DCU

Approved 5,000 unsecured, great rate...While on the phone, the under writer also offered me a 25k Car loan if I needed it.

So I did some more digging and applied for a credit card at NFCU(still waiting on those results) as well as the Priority Club Select Visa from chase(Instantly approved for 4200.00)

I sat in my chair happier than a pig in sh*t and went home...after thinking about it on the ride, I decided to try for the Chase Freedom card(not an instant decline, but the message said they would look deeper and let me know) as it seemed my Equifax name correction was allowing companies to pull from Equifax where they couldn't before(only 2 inquiries total on it prior to my app spree)

So as my only 2 outstanding debts (aside from my mortgage) is my Jareds card(2450/4200) at 38.99% APR and my Dell Preffered card(5100/5500) 34.99% APR, I can balance transfer both of those to much cheaper rate cards and pay them off hella fast.  The other good thing (I THINK) is that DCU and NFCU(If I get approved) only report to Equifax(where my mortage isn't listed currently), so when I pay off both Dell and Jareds with the two new cards, my utilization will drop from 75% or so to 0 and when they do finally report, the total UTI will be roughly 30% and I can get that down much lower relatively quickly..Don't give up hope folks and make sure your name is listed teh same on all 3 reports or vendors won't be able to pull them all when considering your app.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Jumped to 719 Equifax, applied for cards...APPROVED

Nicely done, Congrats on your success! Nice approvals.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 7
koky
Frequent Contributor

Good Job...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And things keep getting better and better.  After reading these forums, I decided to app for USAA and PFCU, The PFCU app said they would notify me in writing what their decision was so I assume that is bad news but the USAA offer was instantly approved for........

$10,000

Holy cow.  I have now recieved a bump in one card from 500 to 1k, a new Discover IT for 1K, a walmart card for 600, a DCU for 5000, a Chase card for 4200 and a USAA for 10k.  That is a total of 21,300 in credit cards awarded to me in the last 3 weeks alone with pending apps with NFCU and PFCU.  I know my score will take a hit due to all the hard inquiries but there were only 2 on my Equifax previously and I will also take a hit due to so many new accounts, but I just wanted to get better credit limits with lower rates so I could balance transfer my outrageously high APR balances from Jareds and Dell and it looks as though i'll be able to do BOTH by next week some time.

Thank you MyFico forums, without the wisdom here, it would not be possible

Special thanks to Guiness and Robert as they have been the most helpful with replies!!!  Happy EFFIN Friday!!!

Message 4 of 7
blk8
Regular Contributor

Did you confirm that all mentioned creditors pulled only your EQ report? I'm in the same boat and am looking for a EQ exclusive pull only. Im located in Arizona.

THanks,.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

so far, the only pulls I see are on Equifax, so yes...so far...only Equifax.

Message 6 of 7
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! That's really great success in a few weeks. Way to go!

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.