Anonymous
Not applicable

Just App'd for Local CU Help!

myFICO® Forums
(0)
Forums
Up
0 Replies
Rebuilding - Just App'd for local CU Help!
Matt4200 Matt4200 Regular Contributor
6:19 PM
So I'm in the process of rebuilding and need (it would help a lot) to have a 3rd revolver reporting.

So far I have:

Secured PL from CU $600
Discover Secured - $400 CL (already reporting on CR)
CapOne Secured $250 CL still waiting for it to come in mail.

I opened a secured PL about a month ago with this CU and I've been reading on here that CU's are the best place to app with not so good credit.

When I app'd a month ago they pulled my FICO8 from TU (lucky for me that's my highest) it came up at 630. I'm assuming they'll just base my app on that information. My SO had a similar situation (but she has much better credit) and they HP'd at opening her checking account but didn't bother for the CC.

Their minimum for this card is $500 a part of the application asked me how much CL do you want or are you requesting. I wanted to seem genuinely interested in rebuilding while realizing I have a LONG way to go so I requested the absolute minimum, $500.

Once I hit submit it took about 30 seconds and I got this message,

"Visa not approved
Dear XXXXXX,

Thanks for applying! We’re honored you chose us. We reviewed your request for a Visa© credit card and before we can proceed, we need to speak with you directly to go over some of the details.

Someone will reach out to you shortly but if your matter is urgent, please give us a call at XXXXXXXXXX, or stop by any of our branch locations. Your application number is XXXXXX"

Is this bad? Please help!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just App'd for Local CU Help!

It sounds like they are denying an instant approval, but may be reviewing it for a manual approval.  However, seems a little weird to not get an instant approval for a SECURED card, especially with a 630 score. Be patient and give it a few days to see what happens.  Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a secured card this CU only had 2 card options.

One Visa with $500 minimum limit

Or

One Visa with $5,000 minimum limit.
Message 3 of 7
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

MIssed that.  Makes much more sense now.  I think that you are ok

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd have gone secured if they offer it but in hoping they'll approve me for this one I don't mind the minimum limit I'll build it in time Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd stop in a branch and talk with them there.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I went to the branch to open the secured loan the rep didn't seem to like me. She kept saying well this won't help your credit at all and your credit is about a C- right now (she pulled 630 TU).

Hoping the people over the phone are nicer I'm calling in the morning just wanted to see what people's thoughts are about this notice.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.