Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Applied for CAP1 Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Applied for CAP1 Platinum

try the CHAT. They can walk you right through it and they have the #'s. That's what i did.

Message 61 of 184
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

try the CHAT. They can walk you right through it and they have the #'s. That's what i did.

Tried the chat. Rep said I needed to wait for my card in the mail.

Message 62 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! These people don't say or do the same thing from one to the next even within the same company. Oh well, they ship their cards very quickly,

Message 63 of 184
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Maybe I got a bad rep, but he only sees one capital one card. Probably need to call.

Message 64 of 184
AutoBot
Established Contributor

The congratulations email I received from CAP1 on these 2 new cards mentions...

Make your first 5 monthly payments on time to gain access to a higher credit limit.

Should I be charging a small amount on both of these each month and then paying in full to better my chances of a CLI in the next 6 months?

Message 65 of 184
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Definitely got both capital one cards based on the 2 emails I received this morning. Recevied 2 emails with "Your new card is on the way" each with different last 4 digits of card. I guess that confirms it.

Message 66 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yyyaaayyyyy I was a little bummed when you said you were denied but this is exciting...you definitinely got it...CONGRATULATIONS
Message 67 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

The congratulations email I received from CAP1 on these 2 new cards mentions...

Make your first 5 monthly payments on time to gain access to a higher credit limit.

Should I be charging a small amount on both of these each month and then paying in full to better my chances of a CLI in the next 6 months?

Congratulations AutoBot,

It seems the conventional wisdom here is to use them a bit for things you would pay cash (or use your debit) for (Especially the QS1 which is a rewards card), pay them a couple of times a month and be sure to have them down to (or near) $0 by them time they report. Do that for a couple of months (maybe 4-5) and then go for a CLI. It is almost always approved and then you will get your STEPS CLI at the 6mth point.

I'm 99% sure you are in the STEPS program (You can search it here) on both cards. It took me about 2 weeks to get the following email for each acct.

Well, I can't post it for some reason. Did a search for cut/paste and followed the directions to a "T". I'll keep trying to get it up here for all to see.

Message 68 of 184
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Interested to see if there is a change in FICO after these 3 new accounts post.

Message 69 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

Interested to see if there is a change in FICO after these 3 new accounts post.

Seems I've read some stuff about Cap1 being notorious for dragging their feet with regard to posting new accts. I'm about 3wks in with these and I got the HP's (BTW: as a refresher; it was 1 HP across all 3 bureaus for the 2 accts) but no NEW ACCT reporting from them.

Message 70 of 184
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.