Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Frustrated!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Frustrated!!

Well guys, been trying to rebuild my credit for a few years now and really started to see some progress and all of a sudden out of the blue I get hit with a big fat charge off from SCANA MARKETING ENERGY I (Gas Company in Atlanta) for $264. The collection was with a company called CBE but SCANA (OC) was the ones who reported (To Experian Only). I took a 31 point hit but somehow got 16 points back in a few weeks. I have paid it in full but they refuse to take it off my report. The bill is showing to be only two months late. It is also not showing paid in full. So I am on my second dispute. The first time I didn't have much proof of payment, but the second dispute I sent a copy of the receipt from the collection company. This will follow me for the next 7 years if they still decide not to delete it. Any suggestions? As always, thanks everyone!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just Frustrated!!

Persistence. Had the same experience with my husband. He had a 100% clean file and then a sudden medical charge off hit and he lost 40 points. Paid in full- it was an error in the first place because we had billing from Dr for husband and son- thought we paid both but had not- it took weeks of calls, faxes and emails to get them to remove but eventually they got sick of me and removed, I have found that trying, trying again, trying and trying some more is how most of the good rebuilding has happened.

Message 2 of 7
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Try going through the BBB.  I was able to get Georgia Power to remove an account by using the BBB.  I had sent what seemed like a MILLION letters to GA Power and got no response.  I went through BBB and got the account removed in less than 10 days.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Hey guys and thanks for the feedback! Well they updated my files to "Paid-Charge-Off" and put my terms as 1 month. This will be on my report for seven years. Ive tried everything from Goodwill to PFD but nothing has worked. This really sucks but I may have to eat this one. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Time to switch approach from confrontation/dispute to sugar/good-will since they are now in compliance with their statutory obligation to update their reporting so as to reflect its current accuracy.

Hopefully they might retain some good-will after the battles.

I would suggest personal calls to upper management officials, who are more likely to be concerned with image and/or your specific problems.

Two monthas late is a really short fuse for reporting a conclusion that you are not going to pay the debt, which is what the reporting of a CO is.

That would be my focus..... that you never had intent not to pay, and thus inclusion of a statement that you arent going to pay does not reflect upon you as a consumer.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I contacted the VP of SCANA and he forwarded me to their watch dog, disguised as a sweet old lady. She would not budge on the decision. She said people write in all the time to the president and VP and unless we determine that it was our fault we dont delete. So it seems as if I'm at a temporary dead end. The moral of the story guys (besides pay all your stuff on time) make sure that there are no unpaid debts out there because this was a year's worth of work tarnished by this foolishness.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

mylifenow...I am having the same exact issue as you.  I have a paid scana bill that showing as CO for several months on my Equifax and Experian credit reports and have not been able to get Scana to budge.  Any positive updates on this?  Were you able to get it removed??

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.