New Contributor
PresidentPatton

Just PIF Midland...sort of.

Finally broke down and called Midland since they hadn't responded to my PFD letter I sent on 2/6/13. I had offered 30% and figured they wouldn't quite go for that but was at least hoping to hear something from them. Long story short, they didn't accept that offer but when I called I got them to take a 50% discount which I thought was pretty good considering they hadn't ever offered that to me and I had read here on the boards that the lowest they will go is 40%. Anyway me being the bargin shopper I like to think I am, I asked if they would take $40 less to make it a nice round number for me and they took it! The rep had to ask her manager but they took it which means I actually paid about 47%!

I tried hard to get them to PFD but they wouldn't have it :smileysad: I will be sending them a letter to have them remove the Dispute comment on the account and then will begin my GW war!

Just wanted to share, hope everyone has a great weekend!

PresP
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: For now just get approved for FHA 7/13

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $200; NFCU $6k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+