Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Recieved My New USAA Secured Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Recieved My New USAA Secured Credit Card

I applied for the USAA Secured Mastercard and When I recieved the card in the mail it was an USAA Secured Platinum Visa Card. My question is I thought the USAA secured cards only came with the Mastercard or American express logos. I am confused any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just Recieved My New USAA Secured Credit Card

I have one of each and they boosted my score by 23 pts. I love whipping out the AMEX lol. 

I'm really curious about the VISA lol they used to offer a secured VISA that I also wanted. My immediate goal was one of each of the big 4 companies, even if they were secured but house buying stopped that. How does your credit report look?

Reason I ask is maybe they are doing a trial with VISA for those with borderline credit regarding secured and unsecured. I had always really hoped they would eventually allow for graduation to unsecured cards. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure since I can't seem to find any online information about this Secured Visa Card

Message 3 of 4
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

You are right about that, the last info I can find about their secured VISA cards are from almost 2 years ago.

Why I was curious. Maybe they are switching back to VISA from MASTERCARD?

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.