cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Starting My GW/PFD Journey and Would Appreciate Any Help

tag
mojopsy

Just Starting My GW/PFD Journey and Would Appreciate Any Help

So I just registered for the myFico forum today after lurking and reading everything that I could here about credit repair. I am in the process of trying to repair/rebuild my credit and my current spouse's credit. Over the last few years, we were both grad students with kids and struggling to get by. We're now both done and comfortable in our professions with a good income and would like to get back on track. Our goals are to buy a house (with a good interest rate) in the next year and I would like for both of our scores to end up in the 700-750 range before applying. 

I have already had a couple of outdated and PIF accounts deleted from our reports using some of the info that I've gotten on this forum. I've sent a few GW requests with no success and I would just like some help with any contact info that others have had success with. My scores are mediocre in the mid-high 500's across the board and my spouse's are about 600 across the board. We want to buy a house in the next year, so any help is appreciated. Please PM me with any contact info for the following companies. 

My Report

Santander Auto-  2-30 day lates in the past year but the account is now current. Tried a GW but was refused. 

Sallie Mae- Private loan that wasn't consolidated with others and was 120 days late in the past year but account is now current. Tried GW but was refused.

TXU Energy- old account that I've since PIF. Who should I contact for PIF GW?

Conn's Credit- 2-30 day lates in the past year but account was current, paid, and closed. GW contacts?

Citi Auto- they sold my car loan to Santander in 2010 and I had 1-30 day late. GW contacts?

BOA- 1-30 and 1-60 day late after never being late for 5 years and having another card for 7 years that was never late and they closed my account!! I'm paying down the remaining balance but would like the lates removed. GW contacts of any chance of getting account reopened?

Alpat Collection Company- $335 charge off from old dental bill for my daughter that was supposed to be paid by her dad. Anyway, I just want a PFD at this point. Any contact info?

EOS/CCA (Collection Company of America)- $117 CO from old ATT bill that ex didn't pay. Just want to PFD at this point. Any contact info?

Spouse's Report

Wells Fargo- Car Loan that is paid and closed but has 3-30 day lates from 2008. GW contacts?

MARS Inc.- $400 CO from unpaid medical bill in 2009. I want to PFD. Any contacts?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just Starting My GW/PFD Journey and Would Appreciate Any Help

Keep mailing out letters. It's a numbers game. It might take 10-20-50-100+ letters before you see a yes on some OCs/CAs. But never give up. IMO, start with the address located on your CRs and don't address it to any one person. If after a round or two doesn't work, then expand your GW addresses to include corporate addresses, SEC filing address, addresses listed in their privacy policy, alternative addresses found via their website, and so on. Also try calling (for GWs only) and faxing too.

IMO, ignore the 30-day on Citi auto. FICO largely stops scoring 30 days after a couple of years. Also sending a GW on a closed account like Citi Auto could result in an entire TL deletion, which could hurt your AAoA, length of credit, and/or your FICO.ame applies to Wells Fargo.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.