Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Starting on my Adventure Rebuilding

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Just Starting on my Adventure Rebuilding

You are on a roll. I wished I worked as hard as you to get rid of what you had. I am judgement free as of tonight. It took about a year or reading on here before disputing. You will have a deck full of primes in time, probably before a year hit.
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the positive feedback BlackSwizz-  I have built like an addiction up to seeing what happens to what, and how much I can push without breaking.  

I always regretted not going to law school for I enjoy the debate, and fixing my credit makes me feel like I should have gone into banking.  It really is a game mentality, dealing with the CA's and negative tradelines. 

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD JOB SO FAR.

I have had issues myself & I am rebuilding.

My problem was 6 yrs of regular 180 payments from 2 child support accounts, both accounts still open today, but reporting current instead of late even though Im still behind about $500 on each account.

I had no other accounts open through the years.

I also had 3 collections on each of my reports.

I have my collections in dispute & I open 8 new accounts in 3 months. I also have about 20 inquires. Yes I know this is bad.

My theory is to start building a positive payment history quickly on multiple account to amount to some good history then it will help counter the many years of late payments.

Im currently at less than 10% UT, short history & 8 new accounts with 20 hard pulls.

I know it wont happen over night, but hopefully in 6 months the negative effects will be overcome, by the positive accounts & current status on  both child support accounts.

I will continue to open new accounts - BUT ONLY IF I HAVE BEEN PRE APPROVED  .

**NO MORE HARD PULLS FOR ME UNTIL I BUY A HOUSE**

I SUGGEST THE SHOPPING CART TRICK to help you gain accounts, WITHOUT HARD PULLS

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep doin' work! I am in the rebuild process with you and boy is it addicting. You can wish that you would have done things differently as much as you'd like, but the past is the past! Be proud of yourself for working on the future; it's more important anyways.

Message 14 of 38
germese1975
Regular Contributor

Champ,

You are doing great! You're absolutely right.... It's extremely addicting!

Don't do like I've done several times in the past and get discouraged and stop fighting. I've started over a few times, and as you've commented on my thread, you've seen that I've started over again. Everytime I do, I learn more and more things about this road. I'm sticking with it this time.

Keep up the great work!

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. It's all about learning, patience and perseverance
Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

So First Premier came through with DV- sent PFD for the heck of it.....I know not much success- Its almost been 14 days, if I don't hear anything, I will just pay it and start a GW campaign.

NFCU has taken care of me nicely-

2600 CashRewards CC

1000 CLOC to start- just glad to have my foot in the door-  they denied the $15k original app- asked for recon, they told me to call- just went for 1k to start the relationship, so pretty happy that's off and going.

Yesterday- the judge admitted her error in computing child support, so all the arrears is gone since it was truly paid from 2009-2015.  That is a giant relief!!!  

Making strides, slow and steady!!!!  Well not really, been almost 2 months since I started working on things...LOL   

Cant wait for NFCU to report the CC and CLOC on my CR, will help my UTIL a little bit.  Using the heck out of this card so far and plan on multiple PIF a month to build a nice relationship before 91 days.  

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to hear things are moving along. Grats on the CLOC. They won't give me one Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

So awesome!

i have a couple of paid collections reporting in all 3 CRAs, how exactly did you get those removed?  That would help my scores a Ton!

Any helpful suggestions welcome 

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well FPB wouldn't do PFD, but as those that have read on here know, that is not a surprise LOL.....

Just PIF'd it, and now start the GW campaign to them...

I had to laugh, at the letter wording-

"We will not change or remove accurate information from a credit report in exchange for a payment and our decision will not change in the future"   Really?   I seem to know a few people that have LOL

Oh well, get this behind me...

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.