Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just When I Made It Out...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just When I Made It Out...

All three scores had finally made it to the 600's and then this happened:

Unpaid Comcast collection from Midland started reporting through Convergent Outsourcing....smh. So I went to Comcast and made a partial payment and the balance will be paid within two weeks AND then I'm disputing both Midland and Convergent since the balance would have been paid to the OC. No balance=no collection.

Also my CC balances were kinda high but that didnt hurt me as much as I though, so my current scores are 586, 601 and 605 down from 600, 617 and 624.

Lesson learned.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just When I Made It Out...

You need to ask Comcast to recall the two CAs collection authority.  If not I believe they can still show on your report, and when you've PIFed to Comcast it will be a paid collection.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unpaid Comcast collection from Midland started reporting through Convergent Outsourcing....smh. So I went to Comcast and made a partial payment and the balance will be paid within two weeks AND then I'm disputing both Midland and Convergent since the balance would have been paid to the OC. No balance=no collection.

Also my CC balances were kinda high but that didnt hurt me as much as I though, so my current scores are 586, 601 and 605 down from 600, 617 and 624.

Lesson learned.

There is no requirement for the CA to remove their report based solely on payment to the OC. If their collection authority is terminated BEFORE the debt is paid, then they are required to remove their report under the CRA reporting manual.

Midland and convergent both should not be reporting. Only one entity can report collection authority at any one time. You can dispute the earlier reporting as "collector does not have collection authority"

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lesson learned.

There is no requirement for the CA to remove their report based solely on payment to the OC. If their collection authority is terminated BEFORE the debt is paid, then they are required to remove their report under the CRA reporting manual.

Midland and convergent both should not be reporting. Only one entity can report collection authority at any one time. You can dispute the earlier reporting as "collector does not have collection authority"

So the remaining collection will just show as paid??

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lesson learned.

So the remaining collection will just show as paid??

Yes, that is correct.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.