Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a tidbit of info...

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Just a tidbit of info...

Everyone may already know this and I'm sure that it is all over these boards but I'm going to share anyways.  I wen to a meeting for work last weekend and during that meeting they said that CA can't report to your credit for 120 days from the past due date.  This may not be helpful but there it is.  Depending on the OC's policy is on when they report would factor in to how long before they can report once they get it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Just a tidbit of info...

And this helps us with the quick to report medical collections how? Mine are older (so they aren't complying with the 120 day thingy).

However, if this helps in early deletion, would love to know (only medical debts left in TU, and all I don't really owe, but it's hard to deal with these folks).
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I know of no such prohbition.

Did they provide some authority for this?

Message 3 of 8
Shellie
Valued Contributor

It may not help, it was just a tidbit of info. 

@RobertEG I don't recall them siting anything specifically.  The statement read " Accounts can be sent to collections, but they can not be reported to a credit bureau until the are 120 days old"

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

An internal policy, rather than a statutory requirement?

Message 5 of 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

It's only applies to medical bills.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I have not researched all state codes, so would hesittate to say that no state has such a provision.

However if they did, it would be common knowledge.

I can state that neither the FCRA nor FDCPA has any such provision.

I would assume, until shown othewise, and in what jurisdiction any such prohibition might apply, that it is just another incorrrect internet fiction.

Message 7 of 8
Shellie
Valued Contributor

So maybe it wasn't helpful.  My intent was genuine, 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.