cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just because a debt is not on your CR, does that mean it won't be found?

tag
LavendarL
Established Member

Re: Just because a debt is not on your CR, does that mean it won't be found?

I would venture to guess that Danny is safe as far as old debt suddenly showing up in his full credit file if they were never even listed on his credit report.

2/2011:
EFX Beacon 5.0 - 540, XPN FICO II - 619, TUC Classic 04 -

CURRENT SCORES (3/13): EFX Beacon 5.0 - 588, EXP FAIR ISAAC 627, TU FICO 658

GOAL: 700

Message 11 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 12 of 23
LavendarL
Established Member

I have some debts that have not been listed on my credit report but they are only a few years old.  Once I do the 3 PFDs of the baddies on my credit report, I am going to pay in full the 2 other things I owe that have not been listed on my CR as of yet to be safe.

Eventually I will pull my full file and see if there is anything else I need to settle or PIF.

2/2011:

Message 13 of 23
LavendarL
Established Member

Oh question...if I settle or PIF anything old that is not on my CR but is in my full file...will it eventually be deleted from my full file since it was paid off and past 7.5 years?

2/2011:

Message 14 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I don't think anything in the full disclosure file ever goes away. 

When I had a TS/SSI done there was stuff in there from 30 years ago.  Just a guess.  I honestly can't say.

Message 15 of 23
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Where can I get my hands on my credit file?

This is all so confusing.

Message 16 of 23
LavendarL
Established Member

"I don't think anything in the full disclosure file ever goes away. "

That is scary and seems so Big Brother-ish

2/2011:

Message 17 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can get a copy from each CRA.  I'm not sure of the exact cost but $11 seems that is what it was.

Message 18 of 23
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

being that some of the information from the "full credit file" will not factor into your FICO score, why would a lender want to see it?

I mean so what if a debt is there from 15 years ago?

Message 19 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Undisclosed unpaid debt for one.

The full file also contains other types of information not on your credit report.  Most dont include all inquires, soft and hard, the exact date of DOFD, when your DOFD was reported and who reported it, your ECOA code, your payment rating, your complance condition code, among dozens of other items of data in your credit file.

They give you enough to sell their product.

If any item is not presented in your commercial credit report, you always have the backup right to get it.  Just send a letter to the CRA under FCRA 609(a), whcih entitles you to "all information in the consumer's file at the time of the request."  Just identify the information you want, and pay the requisite fee under FCRA 612(f) and the CRA must provide it to you.

Payment Rating stores the level of current account delinquency, regardless of payment status.  It is similar to Current Account Status, and permits the last severity of the derog status to be separately recorded.  For example, if a charge-off is done, the curent status code would update to a CO, and the payment payment rating would permit the reporting the leverl of monthly delinquency at the time of CO.  Otherwise, the update of the current status would overright the prior level of delinquency.  Similarly, if an account is paid, the payment rating would separately record the leverl of delinquency at the time it was paid.

Compliance Condition Code stores the condition of dsiputes under the FCRA  It will intially record the filing of a dispute, and will be updated when the dispute is concluded.

ECOA codes define the relationship of the consumer on the account to others, and includes such codes as authhorized user, individual account, joint account, co-signer, consumer deceased

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.