cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just cancelled my first premier bank card... what now?

tag
Ralph1611
Established Member

Just cancelled my first premier bank card... what now?

As the post says, I just fired that card. I believe I paid the processing fee in early June, so it hasnt been 30 days. She was very polite, until just said I wanted it cancelled please, and said I could chop it up and do whatever with it. I asked her if it was closed, and she said, it was closed.... But I still dont trust them. A number of questions now

1. What do I do now?

2. I forgot to ask for balance info, but I know it was 0.00 because I checked that right before and paid the 75 dollar annual fee over the weekend by debit card, and have the confirmation number.

3. I asked her if could get a refund of the processing fee and she said yes. I asked what form, and she said it will be in a check. True? When will I get this check?

4. Follow up? How do I check if it is really closed now?

Thanks, new to this credit rebuilding lifestyle.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Ralph1611
Established Member

Re: Just cancelled my first premier bank card... what now?

Also, I need help cancelling a Credit One Bank card i just activated Saturday afternoon. 500 limit - 75 annual fee. 425. Whats the best way to kick them to the curb?

I was approved for a 3000 limit Citi Diamond and have no use for them. I also have a Chase Freedom that im going to keep around and its 400 limit... I just want to pay Credit One off via debit card, and then cancel them. Any help is great.

Message 2 of 11
Ralph1611
Established Member

Just cancelled Credit one over the phone, they said I dont have to pay anything since I didnt use the card, so that means I didnt have to pay the annual fee??

Message 3 of 11
Ralph1611
Established Member

bump. Please help. Credit one still shows 75 balance. They said it takes 21 days or so to close the account and credit the 75 back(annual fee)

Do I believe them? Do I just pay them off??

Message 4 of 11
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

When is your due date on that 75?  I would have the CC company send you something in writing confirming that the card is cancelled and that you dont owe the AF.  If they do that then I would just wait.  IF they dont, you may want to pay the 75 and let them refund it.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
gatoratanu
New Visitor

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I really could use your insights/experience on this. I just got approved the first premier credit card with $700 limit. However now I realize that it charges $175 annual fee plus other monthly fee plus processing fee plus 36% APR. So I am now desperate to cancel the card but not sure if that's possible. I've got it approved like 10 mins ago and the card hasn't been used as they haven't sent me anything yet. So is it possible to cancel it now? Or it's too late? Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
jre
Regular Contributor

You can cancel it! 

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 7 of 11
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

simply call and tell them point blank to cancel your application

Message 8 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

simply call and tell them point blank to cancel your application

+1

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just cancelled my Fitst Primere credit card. Never used. To many fees. Will First Premier issue me a refund for my twenty nine dollar processin fee? I asked this question at the time of cancellation and the csr had to place me on hold since she could not answer my question.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.