cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just closed CreditOne and First Premier. Ugh.

tag

Just closed CreditOne and First Premier. Ugh.

Over my lunch break from work I closed my First Premier card and account. I had not used the card, so I'm hoping that means the annual fee will be gone, too. $175. Horrific. I don't know what I was even thinking.

Just now I called to close my CreditOne account too. That's been confirmed closed.

I logged into the First Premier account and it still says I owe something, but I'm hoping it all goes away by the next business day.

I REALLY dodged a bullet. I don't know what I was thinking getting those cards. Gross. Especially when I have my two Capital One cards, my BOA card, and my Paypal Extras Mastercard. I don't need those horrible rebuilder cards.

Folks, don't ever get these cards, and you won't have to go to the trouble of closing them. Thank goodness I made it easier on myself by not ever USING them.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just closed CreditOne and First Premier. Ugh.

@triedtogetacardandcouldnt wrote:

Over my lunch break from work I closed my First Premier card and account. I had not used the card, so I'm hoping that means the annual fee will be gone, too. $175. Horrific. I don't know what I was even thinking.

Just now I called to close my CreditOne account too. That's been confirmed closed.

I logged into the First Premier account and it still says I owe something, but I'm hoping it all goes away by the next business day.

I REALLY dodged a bullet. I don't know what I was thinking getting those cards. Gross. Especially when I have my two Capital One cards, my BOA card, and my Paypal Extras Mastercard. I don't need those horrible rebuilder cards.

Folks, don't ever get these cards, and you won't have to go to the trouble of closing them. Thank goodness I made it easier on myself by not ever USING them.

Grats on getting rid of them and be sure to check that you dont owe them anything and when it shows 0 is owed I would print hard copy of that and keep it just in case.

Message 2 of 16

Yup...I will keep that paper next to the paper showing a paid off collection of mine. lol.

Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 3 of 16
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Closing my credit one card next week.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 16
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I have a CreditOne card with a $600 line. It has served its purpose in my rebuilding plan. I will eventually close it but I fail to see the "horror" that it poses being in my portfolio of cards. I put a small charge on it occasionally and the pay the bill in full when it arrives. Why is it so bad?

Message 5 of 16

It's funny how I was talking about how I can't afford a secured card--but apparently I can afford a $175 annual fee? Please. Bleh.

Congrats on closing your crappy CreditOne too.

Message 6 of 16
Loques
Regular Contributor

@triedtogetacardandcouldnt wrote:

+1. I would never recommend anyone to get these cards! There are better rebuilder/secured cards to try and get than either of these, and with less fees. I was excited to close My First Premier card a few years ago, but if I remember correctly, the AF wasn't nearly as high as it seems to be now. It's just ridiculous how they prey on people who think they have no other choice for a credit card.

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 7 of 16
juniornj23
Established Contributor

i hate first premier 

but can someone explaim me why should i closes credit one bank 

i do have 1500 visa credit one bank  at 17% 

500 mastercard at  23% 

Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 8 of 16
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

What are your fees on those cards junior? Credit one has large fees on all their cards as far as I know. Are you sure your not thinking of Capital One?
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 9 of 16
juniornj23
Established Contributor

mastercard  is 60 dollars

visa was 125 but i call then one year later after i was approve and they kill 80 dollars 

now i try to get  better card i do have a capital one credit step   i applayed for another capital one but they say i have too many account with them 

so 

i want to closed my first premier bank

but i can not closes my credit one bank since this is my oldest card 

i try to put back my credit score where is belong

Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.