Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just disputed about everything

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just disputed about everything

Hopefully this brings me some success as I've seen a steady increase in numbers over the last year, but not nearly as much as I'd like.

Here are the baddies that I had as of yesterday.

Experian:

Auto Loan for $7k that was charged off and closed (Long story), I did not dispute this as I'm not sure if I have any way of getting it removed?

A $176 charge from a local Internet company that was paid in full and they agreed to remove but didn't. Disputed it last night and it's now gone. Smiley LOL

First Premier $382 balance that they kept adding up. I made my payment on time last year and it posted to the account. The next time I tried using the card I was denied. Called customer service and they said my previous payment was declined. The money was no longer in my account and I had other purchases I had made that week so I had no way of paying. They agreed that I could pay the following Wednesday. Tried accessing my account that Wednesday to pay my bill and the account was already shut down. They have since kept stacking fees on top of my original balance. Disputed to try and get it removed.

$1500 Medical Bill from last year. Presented my insurance and never got a bill after that so assumed insurance had paid. Disputed to try and get it removed.

I have accounts in good standing that have never been late. Auto loan, Fingerhut Fresh Start (Which I paid off last night hoping to get an increase), and a revolving account from my bank which I need to pay the balance down on.

Transunion has all the same baddies but also has another from Time Warner Cable that I actually need to pay off and don't feel I can get around. As well as another hospital bill from the same visit as earlier for $190. I also disputed that.

How likely are the items I've disputed to get removed giving the reasons I have provided? I'm trying so hard here and just want to see progress.

Also, the secured account with my bank does not report to all 3. Should I just pay it off and get my deposite back and open a secured line with say, Open Sky? I can't get approved for Cap1 yet.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just disputed about everything

@Anonymous wrote:

...How likely are the items I've disputed to get removed giving the reasons I have provided?

With TU: Very good.  EX: Flip a coin.  EQ: Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a dispute open with TU for about a month so I'll have to reopen the others once that one is complete. Not sure what's taking so long on that one.

Message 3 of 10
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

The more number of disputes within a dispute with TU tends to make it take closer to the full 30 days

to come back with a result.  Single disputes can at times happen literally overnight.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the initial dispute with TU was through Credit Karma and it started Jan 11th and has still not been completed. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Auto loan for $7K

No inaccuracies in reported information were mentioned in the post.  Wanting it removed is not basis for a dispute.

First Premier billing issues

Billing related issued on credit cards are disputable under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), which is more comprehensive than disputes under the FCRA, and applies regardless of whether the billing related issues were also asserted to result in inaccurate credit reporting to a CRA.

I suggest you look into a dispute under the FCBA rather than an after-the-credit reporting-fact under the FCRA.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I didn't even dispute the Auto Loan because it's my own stupidity at the time. Hoping for positive results on the other matters though.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a bit puzzeled and surprised at the moment.

I was never able to really dispute much with TU as I said because I had a small one open through Credit Karma.

Today Credit Karma shows my TU has went up 16 points and 2 collections being removed, 1 closed, and balance update on my car.

The accounts removed were 2 accounts I did not even dispute with them yet, and the $1500 hospital bill was marked as closed now.

Why would they just randomly be removed and, or closed?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just hoping Experian updates my disputes soon so I can see what they do. Transunion really confused me though.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Single disputes can at times happen literally overnight."

This is truth.  I made a TU dispute last night on a $76 tradeline item from Stellar Recovery on reportedly unreturned equipment from a closed CenturyLink account that I didn't know about.   When I called CenturyLink, they showed my account was closed with $0 balance.  I just logged into TU dispute site and see that 20 hours later, they report it's been deleted.  

Only 2 tradelines to go to a clean report.  Both tradelines are due to come off in 10/16.  However, I called TU yesterday for an EE and the girl that I spoke to was very pleasant.  After putting me on hold for about 3 minutes, she came back and in great detail explained they would do an EE 6 months prior....but then she went on to explain that they will do an manual EE 2 weeks before that AND that the manual EE request can come the first day of the month that it will be placed in.  So long story short, she told me to call back for EE on March 1st for a March 15th removal.   3..more...weeks!  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.