Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got denied Discover IT secured

tag
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

Just got denied Discover IT secured

Last month I received my 200$ Cap One Platinum Card.  The statement cut on the 22nd.  Figured I try to app for one more secured. My scores are in the low 5's I was suprised I wasnt approved for Discovers Secured card.  Should I try USBank or one of the other reputable secured cards or just stick with Cap1? I plan of doing a couple credit deposit / secured loans with my bank in the next month or so.

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MrMurphyBrown
Regular Contributor

Re: Just got denied Discover IT secured

Personally, I would wait to apply for anything else.  Let that new credit card report a few times and see what your scores look like.  If you jump the gun too soon, you are just wasting inquiries.  

Several other cards in the sock drawer. A few late payments that are legit from a few years ago. I may get motivated while in the garden to contend with Synchrony and try to get a good will deletion. Utilization and inquiries are my main score dings. I tend to sit in the 650-680 range most of the time because I love hitting "apply" buttons.
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Open Sky doesnt run credit check for their secured. I would get one with them.
Message 3 of 4
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

Open Sky is garbage. I had a card about 6 mos. ago. closed it 3mos later.

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.