Valued Member

Re: Just got my 1st CLI

Ok, thank you all!
Message 11 of 14
crrredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm still awe struck at you getting an auto loan at 0.9% with a 660! That's amazing!

They said they used the auto-enhanced score, which was a bit higher--in the 670s, but still. They said that Equifax had to be above 600, and if it was, they'd use my higher Experian score. Equifax is my lowest, and regular FICO8 was only 611 at the time. I have a couple paid off car loans still on my report with perfect histories, if that mattered. I also had to give back about $500 in rebates to get that rate.  Luckily I was buying on the last day of the month, and they had over 60 Rogues on the lot. And I put down quite a bit. I was nervous opening the paperwork that Nissan mailed to me, thinking they might have changed their minds, haha. When I took delivery, I had to sign the paper that says the deal isn't final until the loan is funded and it gave a 3-business-day time frame for that to happen. That was a long 3 days. But it's a done deal now.

Message 12 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@crrredit wrote:

7 months into rebuilding, I got my first CLI. My secured Cap One card increased $300. I opened it at $200 and added $500 by increasing my deposit, so now it's at $1,000. While I've had luck getting an unsecured Chase Freedom, and a new car loan at 0.9%, I had yet to receive an increase on any card. My first secured card is a First Progress secured, and I don't think they give increases. That will probably be the first to go. Cap One was my second and it just passed 6 statements. My third is a FNBO secured that's about to hit its 5th statement. They may or may not give increases at 7 or 11 months, and may or may not unsecure. My fourth bank card is the Freedom, which is only approaching its second statement. I have an Overstock card that I've received two $200 increases when I pushed the luv button, by I'm not counting the store card. 

Grats to your success

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 13 of 14
crrredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@crrredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You should app for an unsecured QS or QS1 card - your scores are good enough.

Yeah, you're right. For some reason, nothing ever comes up on the prequal site for Cap One. I need to apply anyway.

Yeah, nothing came up for my wife, but we apped anyway (CK actually suggested it) and she was approved for a QS1 card in March. It started out at $500 and has already been increased to $1500 - and that was with mid 500 scores (but a history with cap one).

Well, I went for it. Tried the Quicksilver and got denied. Immediately applied for Quicksilver One and was approved for $1K. 

Opened a chat to see what I could find out. Only thing she did was give me a phone number--said she couldn't answer my questions about the denial via chat. Also asked about my Q1 CL and she said when I get the card call in to ask about the limit. I guess she thought I didn't know what it was yet. Didn't push it because I don't want to get on their sh*t list on day one. 

Really wanted to end up with the Visa version so I can eventually upgrade to the Visa Signature some day. I've heard that you can upgrade the Q1 to the Q, but it stays a Mastercard. In any case, I'm happy to have a second unsecured card. Torn now between closing one of the secured cards immediately, or waiting until December to get a year of history with it. It definitely got the ball rolling.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.