cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my account deleted with Cavalry Portfolio Services!

tag
JamesG
Established Member

Just got my account deleted with Cavalry Portfolio Services!

So here's the story.  The original creditor was Sprint PCS some 5 years ago, and ever since I can remember I have been getting letters from Cavalry Portfolio Services.  My CR says that it was reported on 3/28/08 but I know I've been receiving things from them for many years.  Either way I decided to confront this among many other credit related issues recently (with the help of the good people here on the forums)  so this had to be dealt with.

Original balance $146.85

I was offered to setlle for $43.54 (obviously this was after YEARS  of other offers)

Paid in full $146.85 on 8/4/10

When I called to pay it I asked for a delete if I was willing to pay the full balance rather than setlling for a lesser amount but I was told "no" by the customer service representative.  Either way I didn't want a "paid less than the full amount" mark on my report so I paid it in full (a difference of $103.31).  One 9/13/10 I emailed and mail (registered mail) a letter to the CEO of CPS asking him to DELETE the account from my reports.  I told him that I know I could have settled for less but I paid it in full b/c it was the right thing to do and that I'm trying to buy a house for my family (newborn baby) and this is making it all that much harder to do.  I hadn't received any email reply or reply letter but today I updated my report via TrueCredit.com and IT'S GONE!!!

I can't tell you how happy this makes me and I just wanted to share it with y'all because it's these forums that helped me figure out how to repair and rebuild.  Don't give up guys! Even if someone told you no or something has been there forever it's never too late to try again!

Tata,

J

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just got my account deleted with Cavalry Portfolio Services!

Good job!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.