Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my credit reports...Fakos TU 598 EX 558 EQ 554

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my credit reports...Fakos TU 598 EX 558 EQ 554

Ok, I just signed up for truecredit and am looking at my credit reports.

My scores are better than I expected (maybe because they are not real scores?)

TU 598  EX 558  EQ 554

There is something from from Pinnacle, reported 5/2008 on Equifax, it says that it is a collection account that is 120 late, although there is no payment history listed. I believe this is collecting on a BOA credit card I had with a balance of $250 around 1999-01 and never paid the bill for. Pinnacle lists a balance of $546. It also lists the account as being opened in 9/06 which is definately not true.

Is it normal to have the same account listed twice, with the OC and CA? Does it mean I have two marks against me for the same unpaid bill?

I believe I may have paid them or another CA $100 or $150 towards this debt a couple years ago over the phone, I asked them to send me something about what I was paying for and I never got it after asking twice so I started ignoring the phone calls and they stopped calling.

Should I just try to contact them and pay the bill? Is there something else I should do or some kind of letter I should send that would help my CR?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message Edited by PrincessP on 06-03-2008 07:45 AM

Message Edited by PrincessP on 06-03-2008 07:46 AM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got my credit reports...Don't know what to do about it

Yes, the OC and ONE CA can report for a single baddie.

Send a DV to Pinnacle. They seem to be easy to get rid of. If they validate, then you will have your answer on who to pay and for how much.
Message 2 of 13
cobra19
Valued Contributor

PP - no disrespect intended, but any scores from TrueCredit are totally, completely, and utterly useless. These are NOT your real scores. Go to MyFico.com to obtain your real scores - the scores lenders see when deciding to extend you credit.

What TrueCredit is good for is in keeping track of your accounts. I would dispute the account in question as inaccurate or incomplete.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, I'm looking for a good DV letter now..that is the only CA on my report. I'm thinking I will just GW my other lates and charge offs since those have been paid.

I also owe a dentist $50 from skipping an appointment and then moving away, and some other small medical bill I ignored since it was from a car accident and the other persons insurance should have paid it. These two unpaid debts are not on any credit reports but I'm afraid they will show up someday. How would you handle these?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do I dispute the account with?

My actual scores are not that important to me right now. I really wanted to see what negative things were on my reports so I could start sending people letters and then check to see if that had any effect. I am curious about my real scores but don't want to spend the money to check them.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I just found the DV letter I'm going to send...its going to look like this:

May 28, 2008

Pinnacle Credit Service

7900 Highway 7 #100

Saint Louis Park, MN55426

To Whom It May Concern:

I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Under § 809 of FDCPA, please send me validation of this debt.

Attached is a copy of the claim you have made.

Thank you,

Should I also include my SS#? I feel somewhat uncomfortable doing that...

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to send them the Full Media Validation letter...not this simple letter...because with this letter...all they have to send you is a bill...with the amount due..and who the OC was...
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make changes as needed.

Your Name
Your Address
YourTown,, State ZipCode

Debt Collection Company Name
Their address
Town, State ZipCode

Date:

Re: Debt Collection Company Name; Acct # Debt Collection Company #; Original Creditor Name; OC Acct #

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on DATE. Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt:
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the Original creditor (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract Debt Collection Company Name purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between Debt Collection Company Name and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to Debt Collection Company Name for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that Debt Collection Company Name is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of Your State
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims Debt Collection Company Name is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If Debt Collection Company Name can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED from the Debt Collection Company Name. If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.

Best Regards,

Your Name TYPED (Do Not Sign)

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, I sent a DV to them for a collection on DH's credit reports, they deleted before the 30 days were over. (He does think he paid someone else for this account, but isn't sure)
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got my credit reports...Fakos TU 598 EX 558 EQ 554

Ok, I sent the long DV letter on Friday. I'm a little nervous about what their reaction will be. I believe the account they are collecting on is an old BOA checking account that had some overdraft protection which fees dipped me into before the account was closed on me. In addition to the Pinnacle TL there are two other TL regarding the same account.

BAC/FLEET-BKCARD Reported on EX and EQ as having a balance of $250 collection/charge off

FLEET Reported on EX as being opened in 2006 (not true this was opened in 1999) with an original balance of $250, current balance $546

Is there something I should do about these TLs? Should I contact EX about having it reported twice or do I contact BOA? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.