Did you mean: 

Just keep swimming...Rebuilding update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep swimming...Rebuilding update

Hello everyone!!

**Fairly Long Post Alert**

I must again thank this forum because I honestly didn't think I was getting anywhere in my rebuilding process. I have an account with CCT and I was too anxious to wait the 20 or so days before I could download my 3 bureau reports and scores so I decided to start an account with my fico to monitor my score. Logged in to realize that since my rebuild started in November 2016 my EQ score has gone up 66 points, EX is up 70 points and TU is up 55 points! Mind you I still have a bit of work to do but its nice to see progress!!

My now one month old discover it (secured) and and my two month old self lender account is starting to do some work for me! I have a capital one (secured) platinum mastercard SL $250 on the way (should arrive in a week or so). I'm wondering if I should add another revolving credit line to the mix. I would love to get an unsecured card with NFCU but I'm sure my scores aren't quite up to par, should I just keep the two cards that I have and let those work for me for 6 months or so and app with Navy or see if I qualify for the nrewards (secured)? As I said the discover it $200 SL has just reported for the first time this month at 11% utilization I'm a little upset because I didn't pay it down to 1-3% before the statement cut as was my intention but hey there is always next month.

Still working with some baddies that I will list below with DoFD or when it will be excluded from report. Working on some GW letters, some PFDs and some possible settlements. Any advice for any of these OC or CA  or toward my rebuild in general would be greatly appreciated!

What's hurting my score:

Student loans 90 & 120 day lates set to return to positive status in 2023 (currently on REPAYE plan shows current pays as agrees)

Amsher (T-mobile) - $1462 on record until August 2022  TU, EX, EQ 

Ad Astra (Speedy Cash) - $265 on record until October 2022 TU, EX, EQ     

Verizon wireless - $1452 on record until February 2021 TU, EX, EQ       *updates monthly*         

Exeter Finance (repossession) - $12,959 on record until September 2021 TU, EX, EQ *updates monthly with interest accruing*

CBB (medical) - $51 *unknown DoFD showed up on report in 2015 with the comment unable to locate*  TU & EQ

AR resources (medical) - $145 *unknown DoFD showed up on report in 2015 with the comment unable to locate* EQ

Judgment - $2000 Filed 8/2010 on record until September 2017 TU, EX, EQ **Removed from all 3 bureaus through EE 2/2017**

11 inq -- EQ

10 inq -- TU

7   inq -- EX

**Most of the inquiries are due to "car shopping" in July 2016**

Positive Tradelines:

Exeter Finance auto loan opened July 2016 (Go figure they financed me again) $7018 balance -- pays as agreed

Self Lender opened December 2016 -- pays as agreed

Discover opened January 2017 -- pays as agreed

Credit Acceptance auto loan closed PIF April 2011 on record until April 2021

Oh and if anyone has any clue on the best way to tackle that repossesion with my current financer I would be forever greatful. I really want the monthly interest accrual to stop!

Thanks  

2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just keep swimming...Rebuilding update

Here is some info when it comes to the derogs its written for medicals but for non medical collections you would follow steps 2 and 3.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

On the judgment that was removed you may want to look into actually settling it as removal from the CR doesnt cancel collection efforts on a judgment and in most states they can be renewed forever. You would look up the state statues that govern the civil court system in the state the judgment was granted to see the laws concerning them and how long they are active.

On the repo the only way to stop the monthly updating is to settle it. You need to check state statutes on the SOL to see if they can still sue you for that or not. You also need to check the states Uniform Commerical Code on auto repos to see that all laws and regs regarding the repo were followed if not you may have some recourse.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just keep swimming...Rebuilding update

Thank you so much for the response gdale6!!

I've researched the SOL in my state for the judgment and its 20 years (yikes!!) I've contacted the court to get the information about the company that filed. They did at one time garnish my wages but they never updated the amounts, indicated that it was paid nor have they tried any further collection attempts, Honestly I wanted it off of my report before contacting them didn't want to "restart" the clock if thats possible with judgments as with collections when you contact the CA.

The SOL for the repo is 6 years so August of 2014 would be the DoFD they have until 2020 if I understand this correctly, right? Thank you so much for the information I will definetely look into the Uniform Commercial Code for auto repo.s I have a family member who believes that it was an "illegal repo" because of how it was handled (they were there when it happened) but I'm not completely sure about that. 

I'm planning to knock out the smaller items first so I don't have any restrictions when its time to handle the larger item. Again thank you for this infomation I will certainly be putting it to use this week!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.