Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just looking for feedback

tag
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Just looking for feedback

Hello all. I am plugging away at the last of my baddies.  The ones that are left I am thinking will not budge.  However, I sent an email the to Commanding General of AAFES/ Military Star and explained my situation.  What happened was I was deployed to Afghanistan and was hit by a roadside bomb, and I was hospitalized for a loooong time.  I explained that in the email and this is the reply that I got:

"We will be happy to change the credit reporting to show no negative marks if you pay your $1,006.46 balance in full and provide documentation concerning your service-related injury......"

Here is was the account looks like on here:

Balance: $0

Current Status: Payment after charge off/collection

Description: Account closed due to transfer

Seven year payment history:

30 days late: 0 times

60 days late: 0 times

90 days late: 0 times

Worst Deliquency: None Reported

I am still going to send the money and pay it off, as it is still the right thing to do.  What I am asking is....they said that they will make it show it does not show any negative marks. Not quite sure what it will show, but anything is better I guess.  Will this have any real impact on my score?  I know there are a lot of varibles, but I am would like just a honest idea.  Again I appreicate the feedback and all of the help.

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Re: Just looking for feedback

I don't know the answer, but I just wanted to say thanks for fighting on behalf of the rest of us. I am sorry that you were hurt, but I hope you're feeling much better now!

Smiley Surprised)Smiley Happy

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is this a charge-off only, or is it a charge-off followed by a collection?  Those two are separate and cumulative.   What you are providing is apparently the status of the OC account.  What is apparently missing in the full picture is its debt collection status, and any reporting done by a debt collector (CA).

If the OC has sold the debt, which current reporting of a $0 balance by the OC implies, then someone else out there owns the debt. If that is the case, the OC cannot accept payment because they no longer own the debt. 

Who did you email?  The OC?  A CA?

Their response that   "We will be happy to change the credit reporting to show no negative marks if you pay your $1,006.46 balance in full ..."  Whoever sent this to you, it is unclear language, and does contain the mandatory provisions of a binding deletion acceptance.  "No negative marks" is very nebulous.  So is "change the credit reporting."  In their mind, it  may simply mean they will update to show the debt is paid.  That wont remove anything from your CR.  You need the magic words, if negotiating with a CA, that they will "delete the entire CA account from your CR."  If negotiating with an OC, you need the magic words "agree to delete the prior reporting of the charge-off to your credit file."

Message 3 of 5
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Great points!  This was with the OC, and they are the only ones that are reporting anything.  The are the military's credit card and the only stips were that I pay it off and send them my documentation of my service connected injury.

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

What needs to change is the current status to some thing like Paid or Paid as agreed or Current account..

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.