cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just lost it with my credit card company!

tag
Kbrown1022
Valued Member

Just lost it with my credit card company!

I paid my statement balance off this month to 0 and luckily I happened to look at the account again and now it shows I owe $60.22 in interest!! Seriously!! I have been at the mercy of these jerks for over 5 years at 29.99% apr and just when I think they go away they charge me more. I just called the place, escalated it to a supervisor and she got some unpleasing words from me after she refused to help me. Do I have any recourse? How would you ever know what you had to pay to get a balance to zero? I just cannot win and want to throw in the towel. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just lost it with my credit card company!

@Kbrown1022 wrote:

I paid my statement balance off this month to 0 and luckily I happened to look at the account again and now it shows I owe $60.22 in interest!! Seriously!! I have been at the mercy of these jerks for over 5 years at 29.99% apr and just when I think they go away they charge me more. I just called the place, escalated it to a supervisor and she got some unpleasing words from me after she refused to help me. Do I have any recourse? How would you ever know what you had to pay to get a balance to zero? I just cannot win and want to throw in the towel. 

If ypu paid your statement balance in full BEFORE its due date, you should not have been charged interest for purchases made in the same statement period.  Did you pay less than or only the minimun during the previous billing cycle?

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 2 of 5
Kbrown1022
Valued Member

I always pay more than the minimum each month. I have been carrying a balance with these people for years. I finally thought I paid them off and they will go away forever and I still owe more. This system is an epic fail. You can never really pay anything off. Takes more than a month.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Kbrown1022 wrote:

I always pay more than the minimum each month. I have been carrying a balance with these people for years. I finally thought I paid them off and they will go away forever and I still owe more. This system is an epic fail. You can never really pay anything off. Takes more than a month.

If some of the balance owed was from BTs and/or cash advances then yes it will take 2 months to totally pay them off as interest is charged to the day of payoff, only purchases are exempt from interest if paid in full by the due date. You can avoid this in the furture by overpaying the balance to the amount you think you will owe in interest charges + a few extra bucks.

Message 4 of 5
Down_2Bizness
Regular Contributor

+1

If you carried a balance from the previous statement, it will actually take an extra cycle for you to see a zero balance. Been there..

Starting Score: EQ FICO 566 09/30/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 688 3/10/14 TU FICO 680 3/10/14 (Barclaycard) EX FICO 691 1/12/14 (LP)
Goal Score: 700
My Wallet: Capital One $1500 / Wells Fargo $1600 / J Crew $2050 / Victoria's Secret $2300 / Barclay Apple Financing Visa $2500 / Discover It $1700 / Home Depot $1100 / Delta Skymiles AmEx $1000

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.