Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just need 8 more

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just need 8 more

So me and my wife are just about to pull the trigger and app for mortgage with our local credit union however we're stuck with her middle score sitting at 632 Experian (Fico4). To get into the next financing tier we need to hit 640. Because of this we have been essentially holding off for the last 3 weeks putting a holt on our home buying process. 

She has a rather thin file with 1 medical collection reporting (verified) and a $200 limit CapOne card reporting under 9% UTL. I recently added her as an AU on my quicksilver card with 1,000 limit also reporting under 9% UTL which has posted to both TU and EQ but hasn't posted on Experian. We called Experian and spoke with a rep about why Quicksilver hasn't reported to her report and ended up filing some type of request they would send out to CapOne to get the cards to post, however after 6 days still nothing. 

Does anyone have some advice on what we can do to get these desperately needed 8pts!? Since she currently only has one card reporting should we consider apping for another card for her? She has multiple Prequal offers with Capital One, Case etc. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Just need 8 more

Don't do any new applications if you are about to apply for a mortgage. She needs to have 1 card reporting a balance of less than 9% for optimal scoring, not 2 reporting a balance.
Message 2 of 4
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Is there any way to get the medical collection deleted?  Have you requested a deletion?

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.