Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just opened a Sub Prime card - need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just opened a Sub Prime card - need help

Hey guys, I just got accepted for a First Access Visa.

I paid $89 dollars just to open the account.

On top of that, they automatically charged a $75 dollar annual fee. 

Limit is $300, so the card now has 225 available to spend.

here's where I need clarification:

1. I already received and activated the card, but I did not use it yet.

2. I did not receive any statement yet.

3. When I log in - I cannot make a payment. It says 0 balance, 0 minimum payment, 225 available.

So... the annual fee isn't even showing up as a balance yet (although it IS affecting the available balance), and I didn't get my first statement yet, I don't even have a due date yet.

My question is - what's going to happen next? Am I going to receive a statement that says I have a balance of 75??  Or do I have to make a purchase to generate a statement?  I'm just trying to make sure I don't get my first statement that already says I am "late" because I failed to pay the 75.  (Which I can't pay because the system hasn't generated a bill yet)

Does anyone remember how the first bill works?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just opened a Sub Prime card - need help

Your statements should be generated on a certain day of every month.  For example, the statement for my Discover Card cuts on the 11th of the month.  You should be able to call and they can tell you when your statement cut date is.  Your first statement should have any charges you make plus that annual fee on it.  

Message 2 of 4
torry590
Regular Contributor

I have this card, even if you do not make a charge on the account a statement will be generated. That 75$ annual fee will go against your balance and your statement will generate on the same day each month.  I hope this helps, I do not have any problems with this card. I do prefer it's sister card The Total Visa from the same bank as you can pay with your debit card on that one, but first access you can only pay online with your bank account. 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your responses guys, they've calmed me down a bit. I'll call and find out when my statement gets generated.

I applied for the Total card too, right after I got accepted for the First Access, and they denied me because of bad credit. Not sure what happenned there - maybe they only let you do one card at a time, or maybe they pulled different reports?? Weird since it's same company. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.