Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:( Just paid 20 Dollars to find my score went up 1 point :(

tag
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

:( Just paid 20 Dollars to find my score went up 1 point :(

My Capital one card hit today, and I was really excited to see what it could of done to my score. I still haven't gotten a score watch alert so I went ahead and paid for a new report. Sadly, my score went up 1 point, and on top of that Midland Credit HAS NOT fixed the way they are reporting my account. Also, a collection I paid promised through a letter to delete over a month ago. Still there Smiley Sad

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: :( Just paid 20 Dollars to find my score went up 1 point :(

I got 16 pts from my new cap 1 ....

but my CR is very bare short of the collections lol....

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 11
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Hoping soon that the 35 dollar collection will drop off, then midland will fix it.. If they don't fix it I will have to report them to the BBB.

Message 3 of 11
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

They refused to fix mine, every time i disputed it though whether it be with them or the CRA, they would add 1 more 120+day late (i think it was code for it being a collection)

but i did file a complaint with the BBB against them and my AG.... we are located in the same state .... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 11
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Midland told me that it would be fixed to not show any 120 days late. He said since it was a collections, they could not report it as 120 days late. Weird thing is it isn't reported as 120 days late on any other pull but myFico pulls.. I have no clue whats going on Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 11
sweetschuni
New Contributor

@Tischer712 wrote:

My Capital one card hit today, and I was really excited to see what it could of done to my score. I still haven't gotten a score watch alert so I went ahead and paid for a new report. Sadly, my score went up 1 point, and on top of that Midland Credit HAS NOT fixed the way they are reporting my account. Also, a collection I paid promised through a letter to delete over a month ago. Still there Smiley Sad

My new Cap one hit today as well and my score dropped 13 points. My hubby was added as an AU and his score dropped 37 points.

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 6 of 11
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Ughh thats horrible. I think because of my mix it changed. I now have 2 credit cards and MULTIPLE student loans

Message 7 of 11
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Just talked to one of my old loan people who own my reposession and a laptop I went 30 days late on. They made me feel so hopeful that they could remove them, the lady put me on hold repeatedly and said that it was looking good, to come back 10 minutes later to say unfortunately that since they are reporting the debts correctly that there is unfortunately nothing they can do for me...Bummer...

How much do you think a 30 day late from 5.5 years ago and a voluntary reposession from 5.5 years ago are still effecting my credit score?

Message 8 of 11
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

More then likely none Tischer, 30 day lates stop having a negative impact on your score after about 2 years....

more severe lates like 60 - 90 - 120+ hurt you for the full 7 years i believe. 

Message 9 of 11
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

I am still a sad panda Smiley Sad haha

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.