Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just paid "state tax lien" what next?

tag
lundungurl
New Contributor

Just paid "state tax lien" what next?

Hello my friends,

I have a "state tax lien" listed in my public records so I called the Recorder of deeds for my county and found out it was actually an overpayment for unemployment benefits I was getting in 2005. This has been on my record since 2006. I payed it off completely a couple days ago and asked how it could be removed from my credit report. The nice lady said, "oh, we don't report to the credit reporting agencies." She told me she would send me a receipt and statement that it was fully satisfied and told me I could mail out copies to the CRA's. I plan on doing that as soon as I get the letter from the employment office. If they don't delete this should I send a MOV letter because obviously they can't validate or verify since the employment department is not reporting this. Thanks

Starting FICO's (9/26/2011) EX 586, EQ 575, TU 584
Goal: 650 across the board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lundungurl
New Contributor

Re: Just paid "state tax lien" what next?

anyone have a success with MOV letter to CRA's on a paid lien?

Starting FICO's (9/26/2011) EX 586, EQ 575, TU 584
Goal: 650 across the board
Message 2 of 4
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

If your lien release isn't recorded by the state then you will have to take it to the recorders office to have it filed. Once the recorders office shows the lien as being released you should then mail the CRA copies of the lien release. This will either update the lien as release or if you are lucky remove it from your credit report.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 4
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

I've got something similar going on and from what I gather, just having it released  isn't going to help your score any. You're gonna have to try and have it withdrawn or esponged for it to be removed and for you to see scoring benefits. That's the way it was explained to me. Maybe someone here knows something I don't and I certainly hope that's the case.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.