Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just plum confused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just plum confused

Sold our home (in wife's name) used all of the earnings to pay off old debts and collections about 19k worth. Got two secured cards and started piggybacking on wife's cap one card 3 months in and score has only went up like 20 points. makes no sense . I should have just declared bankruptcy it seems for the time I'll still have to wait to buy  ahome ... uper 590's scores as of today. there is three collections that havenet came off that are due to . But don;t think that will make that big of an impact..

plum confused

4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just plum confused

It is not stated how many collections were delted as a result of payment of the debts, but as long as any major derogs remain, substantial score improvement is not usually obtained.

What are the DOFD's on the collections that are still reporting?

Are those collections now paid?  Payment does not remove the adverse scoring effect of a collection.

If paid, have you requested good-will deletion of the collections?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sold our home (in wife's name) used all of the earnings to pay off old debts and collections about 19k worth. Got two secured cards and started piggybacking on wife's cap one card 3 months in and score has only went up like 20 points. makes no sense . I should have just declared bankruptcy it seems for the time I'll still have to wait to buy  ahome ... uper 590's scores as of today. there is three collections that havenet came off that are due to . But don;t think that will make that big of an impact..

plum confused

Don't piggyback, get your own cards.

Sounds like you just need to get new accounts established. Once those age somewhat (and the derogs age off) your scores will come up quite a bit. You want to work towards three revolving accounts and one installment account.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have two installments and three revolvers now 

student loan being one of the installments if that counts

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

dofd of the ones still reporting are one that popped up last month and also 2015 and one from june this year as well still reporting but have been paid 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.