Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received my first official GW responses <sigh> Amex and Citi/Shell

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received my first official GW responses <sigh> Amex and Citi/Shell

Hi All,

I've been working on my credit for a few months now and just received my first GW responses via mail from two creditors: Amex and Shell Card (via Citi Bank):

Citi dated 19-Jul

Sent from "Credit Management Department"

GW: one 30-day, one 60-day

No other lates, account in good standing

- "We have received your request to update credit information on your credit bureau report ..." blah blah blah "... the information is correct ..." blah blah blah "The account has been reported as disputed to the credit bureaus."  OH NOE! YIKES  The letter I sent specifically stated, "I am not disputing the accuracy of the reporting".  Crud.  I feel like Charlie Brown at Halloween opening his candy bag after seeing all the goodies everyone else received only to find ... a rock.

I just pulled my CR and it is listed as disputed on EX.  Crud.  Will this remain on the account for 30 days then drop or do I need to contact the CRA to notify them it is NOT disputed?  Yikes yikes yikes and YIKES!

Amex dated 20-Jul (TWO letters)

Sent from "Credit Bureau Unit"

GW: PIF CO

Currently have Oasis card with no lates/baddies/low util

Letter 1: "...in view of your payment history, the unsatisfactory history will remain on your report and will NOT be removed." Yes ... they capitalized "NOT"

Letter 2: "This unsatisfactory status will remain on your credit report."

Two Questions

1) I suppose I'll try another Amex GW in a month?

2) Do I need to contact the CRAs to advise I am not disputing the Citi/Shell reporting?  I'm not app'ing, etc for anything right now so it's not a big deal if it remains for 30/45 days but I certainly want it to be accurate.

Over all, I'll remain patient and vigilant.  I'll have a nice beverage this evening and reflect upon how much better my life is now and how it will continue to improve.  *clink*

Thanks all

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just received my first official GW responses <sigh> Amex and Citi/Shell

Ok ... did a little searching and it seems the Amex response is a form letter as there are others out there reporting to have received the same.  I'll GW again Smiley Happy

Still ... unsure about the Citi/Shell disputed notification.

Regs

Message 2 of 4
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok ... did a little searching and it seems the Amex response is a form letter as there are others out there reporting to have received the same.  I'll GW again Smiley Happy

Still ... unsure about the Citi/Shell disputed notification.

Regs

I have heard that when you payoff in full your Amex balances and have the Oasis, the negative tradelines magically disapear after a while.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard that when you payoff in full your Amex balances and have the Oasis, the negative tradelines magically disapear after a while.

*fingers crossed*

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.