Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just sent GW request to Chase...

tag
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Just sent GW request to Chase...

by fax. I noticed my credit reports now show a charge-off from Chase NA instead of Washington Mutual. Before WaMu, it was a charge-off from Providian Financial.

WaMu laughed at my GW letter and replied telling me I had a better chance at inventing time travel than getting them to GW the derog off my reports. I think I even sent them a picture of puppies attached to my letter just to lighten the situation. Hopefully Chase will be more benevolent. I will keep everyone posted.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just sent GW request to Chase...

Try sending a GW via Planetfeedback. Google them!
Message 2 of 11
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I just used planetfeedback to send Chase another goodwill letter. I really hope it works. If it does, I will only have three derogatory accounts instead of four Smiley Happy (the other three being Capital One x2 and one from Verizon Wireless, both companies known for not budging on GW requests).

Message Edited by emartin82 on 03-16-2009 06:52 PM
Message 3 of 11
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Goodwill worked!!!!! See ya later, old Providian --> WaMu --> Chase charge-off!!!!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi---did you do planetfeedback? for this GW.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emartin82 wrote:

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I just used planetfeedback to send Chase another goodwill letter. I really hope it works. If it does, I will only have three derogatory accounts instead of four Smiley Happy (the other three being Capital One x2 and one from Verizon Wireless, both companies known for not budging on GW requests).

Message Edited by emartin82 on 03-16-2009 06:52 PM

Actually I did a GW to Capital One through their secure email for my husbands account and they wrote me back saying they had "corrected" and sure enough when I pulled his report it was gone Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you have their email address?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was just the thing where you log in to your account, go to the secure message section and then send them a message ( I sent to billing enquiries ) so you don't type in an address or anything
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine is a charge off from Providian.  I don't have that.  I tried PFB
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent Cap One a GW for a CO a few months ago. I just sent it to the regular address in Salt Lake City, and it was removed in a few weeks without a word from them.  It had a $0 balance.

I am trying desperately to get Chase to remove a $0 balance CC CO as well, but nothing yet.  I've e-mailed the same guy that several people have had success with, but havent heard anything yet.  Good Luck.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.