cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just sent an email to the OC, for pay removal of collection.

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Just sent an email to the OC, for pay removal of collection.

Dr. xxx,

I contacted Trojan Professional Services, they told me to contact you about getting my collection paid. I was able to find out from Trojan that out of the $837, I have paid $300 towards the balance. If you are able to accept payment in $537.00 for the remainder and able to remove the collection from my account, I would be more then grateful, I was just married and Im looking at clearing my credit report and this is the last collection left, my wife is some what of a credit guardian/snob, which is good for me. If you are able to take payment and remove it from collections I should be able to come by your office Friday at the latest. 

-Thanks

(His response below)

Hi,

If you pay the full amount you suggest of $537 by end of day tomorrow, I will report the full amount as paid to the collection agency/credit reports.

I want it removed from Collections tho. So how should I go about this???
(Should I say)
I can come by tomorrow and pay it if we can agree to remove it from collection.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just sent an email to the OC, for pay removal of collection.

That is acceptance of a settlement with agreement not to report paid for less.

It is not an agreement for credit report deletion.

If they accept whatever you offer as satisfaction of the debt, they are required to report a $0 balance on their account, and notify the debt collector that the debt has been satisfied, which automatically closes the collection, and requires the debt collector to similarly report $0 remaining under collection.  Thus, that portion of their response is not a concession on their part, but rather a requirement of statute.

Their concession is their apparent agreement not to report paid for less to the CRAs.  That is good, but is not agreement to delete any reporting.

Additionally, the OC cannot commit the debt collector to delete their reporting.  They can request them to do so, but only the debt collector can report deletion of its own prior reporting.

Message 2 of 13
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

the OC has the Debt. Trojan, is just reporting it for them. I just need to figure out how to get them to remove it, or how I should respond to the email and ask for it.

Message 3 of 13
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Since the debt is assigned and not sold, the OC has some control here.  CA won't remove unless the OC directs them to do so; however I believe medical collections are typically removed with less resistance than others.  The doctor's response is not indicative of him asking the CA to remove the account, so you need to approach him again asking if he will do so. 

Message 4 of 13
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Dr. xxxx,

I can come by tomorrow and pay the full amount of $537, but I need to have it removed from the collection agency, and Trojan said you are able to do that. If you agree to remove it from collections, and Accept payment, I can come by tomorrow and pay the full amount. Please

-Thanks

I will see what he respond to this. hopefully he will.

Also are emails considered an agreement??

Message 5 of 13
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

This was there response!!!!!

Ok...I can do that.  If you pay by credit card, it goes right through, so I can call them immediatly to have it removed. If it is by check I have to wait for the check to clear.  You can do credit card over the phone to save you a trip to the office.

I will pay by credit card and go tomorrow!!!

Should I also take some sort of document, or is an email good enough. Its from his personal email account.

Dr.First.last@gmail.com 

I have emails from him from a year ago with a screenshot of my old bill and things like that, but I feel as tho I should also take a document and have them sign it.

This was his first email to me 

Dr. xxxx <dr.exxx.kxx@gmail.com>
11/16/12

to Alex.xxxx, me

Your balance with us is $837 dating back to Sept/Oct 2009 for a root
canal and crown.

Message 6 of 13
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

is this a good enough PFD letter. (I plan on staying there while he calls, but I also want a signed document)

To Whom It May Concern:

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of five-hundred twenty-seven dollars ($527.00) will be paid to Dr. E K in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

My Name

(Signature)

Authorized Representative (or should I put the Dentist name)

(Signature)

Message 7 of 13
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Well, problems with that letter are these:

The CA is unlikely to send a UDF to the CRA's to get an immediate deletion in order.  It will just be sent with their regularly scheduled monthly updates. Any OC or CA will tell you you have to wait up to 90 days for this all to occur.  -- Not that it will take that, but it's what they say. I've seen it done A to Z in less than 2 weeks.  So therefore, no one will sign/agree to your offer there.

Plus certified funds would be a cashiers check, not a CC.

And that letter would need to be sent to the CA, not the doc/OC.

No one on this board can say for sure what's going to happen, but I would guess the e-mail from the OC agreeing to ask the CA to delete should suffice.  Bringing a document to the doctor and asking him to sign it may not go over well with him, so you'd want to consider that as well. 

Message 8 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

This was there response!!!!!

Ok...I can do that.  If you pay by credit card, it goes right through, so I can call them immediatly to have it removed. If it is by check I have to wait for the check to clear.  You can do credit card over the phone to save you a trip to the office.

I will pay by credit card and go tomorrow!!!

Should I also take some sort of document, or is an email good enough. Its from his personal email account.

Dr.First.last@gmail.com 

I have emails from him from a year ago with a screenshot of my old bill and things like that, but I feel as tho I should also take a document and have them sign it.

This was his first email to me 

Dr. xxxx <dr.exxx.kxx@gmail.com>
11/16/12

to Alex.xxxx, me

Your balance with us is $837 dating back to Sept/Oct 2009 for a root
canal and crown.

He is already in agreement to it so I wouldn't ask for anything else.

But, the Dr can only ask the CA to delete the TL.  The CA does not have to.

Maybe he would be in agreement to recall the debt from the CA, which makes them have to delete, then pay the Dr.

Message 9 of 13
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

yeah, I just want to cover my bases. what do you suggest??? just go and pay it with CC, and have his emails as back up.

He owns the debt still, I just called Trojan, and they told me I would need to pay the Dentist.

So when he calls Trojan, what should he say??

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.