Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just sent my first GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just sent my first GW

I am so nervous and a tad excited to see if this works. I have 3 paid off closed Cap1 cards that have several lates showing each. The cards were opened back to 1999 and 2000 and the lates occurred in 2008. I dont know how much these lates are weighing down my score but any bump I can receive is a welcomed one!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Re: Just sent my first GW

Congrats! I got such a rush from sending out GW's. There is always that possibility that it could lead to a deletion. Nothing beats receiving a letter in the mail stating "Based on the information you have provided us, we have instructed the credit bureau's to delete this account from your credit reports."

Always remember that part of the game we play is rejection letters. Use them as fuel to find different contacts and send more GW's. It's all about persistence. I once sent nearly 20 letters/emails/faxes before the CA caved.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just sent my first GW

I would be weary about persuing GWs for this account.  I have read some people's experiences with closed accounts and late GWs where the OC has simply deleted the whole account, not just the lates.  This could lower your AAoA and length of credit history if it is one of your older accounts.

How late were they?  If they were just 30 day lates, I think those only affect your score for 2 years, and may not be worth the time or risk.  If they are 60 or 90, I would let someone with more knowledge chime in.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.