cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just starting my comeback

tag
gst0208

Just starting my comeback

Ok, so, I have had bad credit for as long as I can remember.  I made poor decisions in my early AND late twenties....so here I am, 31 years old, with nothing to show (equity wise) for it.  Last July I purchaced a car with ridiculously high interest (28%) just so I could start to make some good credit moves.  Its now May, and I haven't missed a single payment!  I just applied for a secure Visa with Capital One a couple of days ago....I was required to put down a 300 dollar security payment.  Done and Done.  I'm really stoked to start increasing my credit score so that I can hopefully get a mortgage approval sometime in the next 2 years.  My current equifax score is 480 (ashamed) and my transunion score is 573.  I would like to see both go up to 660 - 700.   My car interest was recently dropped to 18%, and they told me by the fall it would go down to around 8%.  I hope i'm doing everything I can.  Does anyone have any advice that I should  be doing in the mean time??? 

Starting Score: 477
Current Score: 480
Goal Score: 680
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chh27

Re: Just starting my comeback

Good for you!  Many of us have been in your shoes.  One of the hardest parts is just facing your past mistakes - it sounds like you have done that.  Now that you know what a hassle collections, late pays, and high interest rates are, you can use that to motivate you to keep plugging away at it!  Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ FICO: 640 TU FICO: 668 EX FAKO CS: 694 [4/25/13]
Current Score: EQ FICO: 681 TU FICO: 686 EX FAKO: 697 [6/1/13]
Goal Score: 720

Chase United Visa Signature $5k * Discover IT $5k * UFCU MC $2k * Amazon Visa $500 * Ann Taylor $500 * util = 46% * AAoA 5yrs
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.