cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just starting my journey

tag
score_raiser

Just starting my journey

Hello to all! I've been bouncing back from credit issues and now have 2 years good payment!! My score according to Tu is 630ish. I just got an instant approval for Walmart not high credit limit or nothing but my total cl is around 3400. With that said I have a lot of inquiries.. I have lot inquiries and couple medical collections. But 2 years solid cc, auto loan, and student loan payment. My utilization is 10%. Any ideas in what I can do to increase my scores?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Just starting my journey

Hello!

Is there any way where you can PFD your medical collections? If not, google the HIPAA method regarding collections with medical. That process can't be discussed on these boards.

Also, I wouldn't app for anything else and let everything else just age, and let the older inquires fall off. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 7
score_raiser

How long does inquiry hurt the score? I know they stay on for 2 yrs..
Message 3 of 7
yfan
Valued Contributor

I have been there. Actually, still a litle bit there, although lately I have had great credit offers and fast CLIs.

There are no quick fixes. Keep making your payments on time, keep paying down your debt, and keep doing what you're doing. You'll know when you've made progress that is good enough when credit card companies start sending you good offers (no annual fee, lower interest, balance transfer offers).

Message 4 of 7
score_raiser

It just seem 2 years is a long time and I can't help but think there's something I am missin here. I will try pfd on collections but is there anything else I can do besides time???? I'm really trying to buy another house..it's so frustrating..
Message 5 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@score_raiser wrote:
How long does inquiry hurt the score? I know they stay on for 2 yrs..

A year.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 7
yfan
Valued Contributor

I understand the frustration, but when you are rebuilding credit, 2 years is not nearly enough time to completely recover. It sucks, but delinquencies take 7 years to fall off your credit report, and it takes time to rebuild a reputation for a being a reliable borrower. Unfortunately as far as lenders are concerned, it takes more than 2 years. I learned this one the hard way.

The only advice I can give you is be patient. Don't give up. That doesn't mean sit on your hands. If you want a new house, try and see how much of a loan banks will give you. Be your own advocate, show them what you've done. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.