cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just starting to rebuild credit- need advice!

tag
dcbenzil

Just starting to rebuild credit- need advice!

I am fairly new to this forum but have read/studied many of the threads. I thought I'd try my luck at posting to see what others think I should do to help bump my credit score. Currently pregnant and looking to increase credit over the next year and build good credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

Starting Credit Scores:

Experian: 577

Equifax: 583

Transunion: 581

Let me start by saying that i KNOW my credit score is low because of 1) high credit card utilization and 2) late payments that occured relatively recently. I have sent GW request letters to all major creditors in which I have late payments and am awaiting responses.

Open Accounts:

AMEX: $9830 ($10,000 CL, 27% APR)

Chase Sapphire: $4862 ($5000 CL, 17% APR)

Capital One Auto Finance: Installement Credit, $27,000, never late

Comenity Barneys: $556 (CL $1500)

Several Closed Accounts with Late Payments (all have been paid in full/closed/GW letters sent)

Toyota Motor Services: 6 30-day payments

Synchrony Gap: 2 30-late payments (called and rep said she would remove 2 late "fees" and issue a refund and report these changes to all three bureaus)

Wells Fargo: 2 30-late payments, 2 60-day late payments, 2 90-day payments, 1 120-day payments

Please let me know your thoughts!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.