cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just starting to rebuild.

tag
DanyStar

Just starting to rebuild.

I applied for a few cards last week--Suntrust secured (700 CL) approved, Barclay declined, TJMaxx declined. I just got my scores back today. EQ-611, TU- 590 (TJMaxx) 570 (Barclay) Currently, I have a Macy's (100 CL), Orchard Bank/Capital One (300 CL), and my husband's BoA card shows on my credit report (1900 CL). I have 4 medical Charge Offs (2 paid, 2 unpaid) from a bad car accident back in 2007. All 4 will be 7 years old by January 2015--2 of them off by September 2014, I think. I recently paid two of the charge offs, and I wanted to know if they will be removed 7 years from the original date or did I screw myself by paying them this year? This is my only question at the moment, but any and all advice is greatly appreciated. 

A little background, my husband graduates medical school in 2015 and we want to be able to rent a nice place in both of names; no plans to buy a home anytime soon because we want to build a home eventually. I don't have any student loans. Neither of us needs a car, mine is 7 years old and his 1. He just got a Discover It card and we are not in dire need of any more credit. I just want to option to get credit, if needed. 

Again, any advice, please!

Current Score 7/29/2013: TU- 590 or 570 EQ- 611 EX- 609 (not true FICO) 

Goal Score: 750s 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just starting to rebuild.

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

I'd waive on applying for anything else. You have a good mix of credit reporting already. I'd focus on repair for the time being.

I'd mail GWs to the two debts you paid off. Ask for deletion. The 7-7.5 yr CRTP will not reset because you paid a debt. It'll still drop 7-7.5 yrs from the org. DOFD.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.