DanyStar

Just starting to rebuild.

I applied for a few cards last week--Suntrust secured (700 CL) approved, Barclay declined, TJMaxx declined. I just got my scores back today. EQ-611, TU- 590 (TJMaxx) 570 (Barclay) Currently, I have a Macy's (100 CL), Orchard Bank/Capital One (300 CL), and my husband's BoA card shows on my credit report (1900 CL). I have 4 medical Charge Offs (2 paid, 2 unpaid) from a bad car accident back in 2007. All 4 will be 7 years old by January 2015--2 of them off by September 2014, I think. I recently paid two of the charge offs, and I wanted to know if they will be removed 7 years from the original date or did I screw myself by paying them this year? This is my only question at the moment, but any and all advice is greatly appreciated. 

A little background, my husband graduates medical school in 2015 and we want to be able to rent a nice place in both of names; no plans to buy a home anytime soon because we want to build a home eventually. I don't have any student loans. Neither of us needs a car, mine is 7 years old and his 1. He just got a Discover It card and we are not in dire need of any more credit. I just want to option to get credit, if needed. 

Again, any advice, please!

Current Score 7/29/2013: TU- 590 or 570 EQ- 611 EX- 609 (not true FICO) 

Goal Score: 750s 

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Just starting to rebuild.

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

I'd waive on applying for anything else. You have a good mix of credit reporting already. I'd focus on repair for the time being.

I'd mail GWs to the two debts you paid off. Ask for deletion. The 7-7.5 yr CRTP will not reset because you paid a debt. It'll still drop 7-7.5 yrs from the org. DOFD.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}