Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just starting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just starting

I am finally at a point which I can start rebuilding my credit.  I currently sit at 622 according to Experian.  I am trying to decipher my report and see there are two items shown as being sent to collections (both medical).  Then both of the items reappear under the name of the collection agency and show that they went to collections in Dec of 08 and were both paid in Jan of 09.  I paid the as soon as the bills reached me.  Is there anything I can do about this?  I am struggling with where and how to start this process.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
aerochick31093
Valued Member

Re: Just starting

since they are already paid, start sending good will letters to these companies to try and get them deleted.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since they are paid items, the only real hope you have is a Goodwill letter to the Collection agency reporting it. You would stress in your letter, how you paid it quickly as soon as you recieved it, and that you have remained "clean" since. Eplain the situation that led to the collection, and ask for goodwill deletion of the entry. Being its already 6 years old they may go for it. It may take many many tries before it gets to someone willing to help. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most appreciated folks.  I know this willl be an arduous journey - but the results will be well worth it.

Message 4 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

You can also search the collection agencies they are with on this forum and read success stories if any, good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.