Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just the D part of PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the D part of PFD?

Tried to PFD a year ago on a utility collection for $230. They declined, but I paid anyway to feel like a better person. It actually worked Smiley Happy

I didn't try hard enough, but now I realize this will be the only baddie on my report for the next two years (after another account falls off this summer). Silly me. Is it worth trying to ask for GW deletion, or have they already ditched the account? The company is CMI if anyone has expereince with them...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just the D part of PFD?

Well, whatever. I'm doing it and will report back. Worst case is they say no and I'm out a stamp. The DOFD is back in 2007, and it's paid in full, so there's really no damage that can be done... I hope...

Message 2 of 6
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Good for you for paying it off. I absolutely think you should try for a GW. I mean the worst that can happen is they say no. Best case scenario, it gets removed Smiley Happy. Keep us updated.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

GO FOR IT! GOOOOOOOD LUCK!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had some success with PFD but I've had more success with paying and then GW'ing later.  I mean if you think about, you're telling CA's and OC's to basically pound sand if they won't delete (of course in a much nicer tone that).  You're asking them to extend some goodwill so it should probably go both ways.  And paying is better than waiting it out in most cases anyways.  You won't have to worry about that monkey on your back anymore. 

Message 5 of 6
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

I've had three successful attempts at GW'ing. One with no resistence, another with a little bit of resistence, and a third with a lot of resistence. One you have it paid, find every contact you can and start writing letters and sending e-mails. More often than not, it will eventually fall in the right person's hands. You may get told NO once, twice, or ten times -- but keep trying new people.

I'm 3 for 3 on GW attempts. Others on here have had similar success.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.