Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanna thank the forum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanna thank the forum

I've been a silent lurker here for quite some time and I just wanted to express my gratitude for all the information available here. I started out about 6 months ago getting a Cap 1 secured card to start rebuilding my credit. I was somewhere around 570-580 or so. After reading and reading topic after topic here I am now happy to say I have that same cap 1 (200 Cl) a Credit One (550 cl) a CBNA BB Visa (1500 cl) an AMEX BCE (500 cl) and just received a BofA Americard Rewards Visa (1500 cl). I've been on top of all payments and overall utilization is around 9-10%. To top it off....my wife and I just got pre-approved for a USDA loan and have begun house shopping. I am now sitting at a median FICO of 700.....in just six months time. To say my mind is blown is an understatement. It's all thanks to the wonderful wealth of information available here and I can't say thank you enough. Next goal...??...800.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just wanna thank the forum

Great work!! Congrats!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is inspiring. Congrats. Happy house hunting. 

Message 3 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Many congrats on your credit rebuild there!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou all...it wouldn't have been possible without the input from folks such as yourselves.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so awesome, happy for you!  

Great job doing it such a short time,  6 months is amazing !

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the Cap One just before Christmas '16....crazy huh..? Only had one old derogatory to start with so that helped. I paid it about a month ago and it was set to drop off in October of this year but it fell off of my reports after I paid it.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.